Destin Jetties NON-DIVE report 4/8/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I tried to get a dive in at the Jetties today after all those storms - NO LUCK. I got geared up and walked to the water to find brown yuch! I turned arround and went back to the car. I went to the bridge and took pics of the sand-suckers from the west looking east to where we dive. I also went to see how conditions were at the old pier at Crystal Beach. Bad conditions there too. Attached are some pics - divers beware!

Jeebus, thats rather disconcerting :(

I'm going out there tomorrow, I hope I have some different conditions to report.

Yuck. I've never seen the water that bad at the old Crystal Beach Pier.

The wife and I "were" thinking about coming down this weekend, but apparnatly the "spring Break" rates are still in effect and they all pretty much want $200/night for a room.

I often stay at the Crystal Sands, which is the condo unit at the pier pilings. The water ther is usually MUCH nicer.

I can't speak for today, but yesterday the surf was running well overhead. Good for surfers, not so good for divers, or visibility. Surf dropped off quite a bit today, hopefully, the calmer waters today will be enough to let some of that brown muck clear up by tomorrow... atleast a bit.

I think the brown water in the pass was a combination of lots of water coming down through the bay, low strength high tide, and the churned up Gulf. By the time I got to take pictures at the bridge it was an hour and a half past high tide and the buoys were already leaning toward the Gulf. The Flush from the Gulf had been almost as nasty as the stuff from the bay. I hope it's clear for you tomorrow. Vortex is probably the only back up due to all the wet ground and rivers over flood stage.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom