Destin Jetties dive report 6/2/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The sky was a little cloudy today so air temps were better than yesterday. I arrived at the jetty parking area a little before noon with PHD and MDB right on my bumper. PHD complained because I got my usual parking spot 4 cars down from the entrance :D. There were not too many other cars there so PHD didn't have to go far. We geared up and waddled across the sand. As I got near the water, I had an equipment malfunction. A buckle on my pony broke so I was walking with a dangling 19 cf tank on my left side for a few yards. I stepped into the water and figured out what had gone wrong and decided that it would be a nuisance but it would not kill the dive to have it loose on that side for the dive. I floated the dangly as I walked toward the jetty in the water to meet my buddies. We started the dive about an hour and 45 minutes before high tide, this was the longest time before high tide that I've tried to dive at the jetties. The water was still a little green at the beginning of the dive and was somewhat more blue at the end. Viz was the same throughout the dive, 30' with haze. Temperature was 83 degrees for most of the dive. The current kicked up a couple times today but nothing like the pushes I encountered yesterday. All the same fish were there plus more baby damsels swimming among the rocks. I did see a couple small gold colored seaweed blennies at the end of the dive. MDB had gotten her fishing license so she was on a crab hunt today. Of course all the crabs were female so no luck taking any home. We ended the dive and since PHD and MDB had only one tank I made the decision not to do a second dive solo with my dangly pony. We went to golden corral for a meal, stopped off at Emerald Coast Scuba to buy a buckle for the pony, and on to ScubaTech for air fills. After harassing the ST folks we parted ways until the next dive. I've got pictures and even a graph of my dive (generated by my new Sensus Ultra from ReefNet) but attachments don't work. I'll post that stuff if things get working again.

SeaYoda:
PHD complained because I got my usual parking spot 4 cars down from the entrance :D. There were not too many other cars there so PHD didn't have to go far./QUOTE]

You took MY spot. Your little neon of doom could have been picked up and put into the bed of my truck once we got situated. heck, we could have tipped it up on the rear bumper and tucked it in behind the truck once I got in there. there was no need for you to take that spot :D

Tank valve working OK? How about MDB's octo?

Too much nitrogen from that long dive. Howz your off-gassing from Golden Corral?

Seems like the air quality anywhere in between De Fumiak and not-soNiceville is questionable at the moment.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Seems like the air quality anywhere in between De Fumiak and not-soNiceville is questionable at the moment.

not quite sure what you are talking about. hmm, those beans might have been a little much, the sheets seemed to have floated off during the night......

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom