Destin Jetties 6-5-5 Driving and Diving again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on where you are coming from. Coming from the pass, heading east, take a right at Gulf Shore Drive, follow it to the right, follow it through atleast one redlight, and a few stoplights, follow it past the 'S' curve and go another 1/4-1/2 mile. At this point there will be a gravel parking area on the right side of the road, starting in front a marina on the bay side. At the beginning of this parking area and across the street(beachside) is the head of the trail leading to the jetties - there is a shower head and a few small signs marking the entrance(its easily missed). If you're coming from the east side of Desting, you'll be taking a left onto Gulf Shore Drive and the directions are similar afterwards.

SeaYoda made a great post on Destin's jetties with detailed directions including pictures of the parking area and the trailhead. http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=724595&postcount=9[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the directions and the parking info and the photos of the parking and the link to all of the fore mentioned. Sea Yoda are you an Engineer? you are pretty damn thorough.

I know he works at the Hospital, I guess he has to be thorough there as well :)

It is looking worse and worse for me making it down there. There has been rain up here all week which will make me work all weekend. Hoping I can find someone to fill in for me, but looking doubtful. Oh well, there is always next time If I can't find a replacement.

Matt

50% CHANCE OF RAIN SAT AND SUN... THAT'LL MAKE CAMPIN FUN... GUESS THE PLAN IS TO GET WET RIGHT... SPRINGS WILL PROLLY BE HARD TO GET TO WITHOUT A 4x4...HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YA

*shrugs* never really had any problems getting out to Morrison, its got a dirt road, but its packed in pretty tightly and its kept up fairly well... for a dirt road.

Today was pretty damned nice, hit a few very very light showers on the way out, but nothing but sunshine while on the beach.

I'll be there again around 8:30AM in the morn tomorrow(Sun).

SuPrBuGmAn:
Today was pretty damned nice, hit a few very very light showers on the way out, but nothing but sunshine while on the beach.

I'll be there again around 8:30AM in the morn tomorrow(Sun).

what was the vis?

SuPrBuGmAn:
3-10'

Had alot of fun anyway :)

Me and my daughter will be there around 0900 hrs give or take a few minutes. high tide is 0909 according to scubatech.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom