Destin Jetties 6-5-5 Driving and Diving again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
High Tide is at 9:09AM with a good tidal change, which should give us atleast some decent visibility. Anyone interested?
Me and My daughter were thinking of going to the jetties Saturday. Maybe we can go Sunday too.

You should try and make it :) I'm sure the water is clearer than the last time I dove the jetties - wasn't that you out there with a class?

SuPrBuGmAn:
You should try and make it :) I'm sure the water is clearer than the last time I dove the jetties - wasn't that you out there with a class?
It wasn't a class. A group of us from the emerald coast scubaholics were out there.

Gotcha, I thought that was you were out there with a group of people - just didn't know the circumstances.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Gotcha, I thought that was you were out there with a group of people - just didn't know the circumstances.
Did you figure out it was him by the ninja hood/outfit, throwing stars, and katana swords? Ok I'm bored today, I guess that's obvious. Looking forward to this weekend, I still need to figure out a cheap place to stay down there. The cheapest I have found is in defuniak springs atm. I don't really feel like camping out by myself.

Matt

is it legal for me to "harvest" some blue crabs from the Jetties or should I just leave them alone?

Heya Mat, Are you planning on camping at henderson? Everytime I try to reserve a campsite there from reserveamerica it is always full. I did notice they have a few unreservable campsites like the other st. parks have. I'm still trying to figure everything out for this weekend.

Matt

Hey what is the best way to get to the Jetties off of 98?

Trever:
is it legal for me to "harvest" some blue crabs from the Jetties or should I just leave them alone?

You'll need a FL fishing liscense. Blue crab are game as long as they aren't carrying eggs(or are females offlimits all together?). Grabbing the males are definately legal.

You can get claws from the Stone Crabs as well, as long as you only pull one claw and its a certain length(I believe 2.5").

Corigan:
Heya Mat, Are you planning on camping at henderson? Everytime I try to reserve a campsite there from reserveamerica it is always full. I did notice they have a few unreservable campsites like the other st. parks have. I'm still trying to figure everything out for this weekend.

Matt

I haven't gotten reservations. If I do camp, it'll be further north so I can hit a spring or two in the evening. I'm still not sure if I will camp or not - I'll know later this week if you want to shoot me a line(still got my phone # eh?).

Trever:
Hey what is the best way to get to the Jetties off of 98?

Depends on where you are coming from. Coming from the pass, heading east, take a right at Gulf Shore Drive, follow it to the right, follow it through atleast one redlight, and a few stoplights, follow it past the 'S' curve and go another 1/4-1/2 mile. At this point there will be a gravel parking area on the right side of the road, starting in front a marina on the bay side. At the beginning of this parking area and across the street(beachside) is the head of the trail leading to the jetties - there is a shower head and a few small signs marking the entrance(its easily missed). If you're coming from the east side of Desting, you'll be taking a left onto Gulf Shore Drive and the directions are similar afterwards.

SeaYoda made a great post on Destin's jetties with detailed directions including pictures of the parking area and the trailhead. http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=724595&postcount=9

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom