Destin Jetties 5-27-6 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Trey J(and his sister and brother-in-law) and I met up with Jurgen, KchFLA, and SeaYoda just a bit after 8:30AM. Knight1989 was also there with a few buddies. It was already pretty friggin hot and the day had just begun. The blue skies were inviting though.

After trudging through the sand we finally made it out to the water, which was a nice blue-turquoise color. We decided to dive as a buddy team and turnaround in pairs as we hit a 1200psi turnaround pressure. Visibility sat around 30-35' and there actually wasn't awhole lot of junegrass floating around. Lots of small fish schooling around so we had alot to look at. Crabs were out in abundance as well, but most were hiding in the sand. We worked our way around the point and down the shell bed and found ourselves at the southernmost anchor. The current was moving a bit, but not enough to impede anyone's dive. We took a groupshot and started our turnaround. I hit 59' and the dive lasted 40 minutes.

After a short SI of just over a half-hour, we were back in the water ready to start our second dive. Same dive plan and more of the same enjoyment from our first dive. Current slacked up even more and it was clear we were nearing ebb tide. There was a bit more junegrass during this dive, but not enough to reduce visibility noticably. Again, I hit a max depth of 59' and the dive lasted for 53 minutes.

We had a great set of dives and nobody could complain about the water conditions. Truly makes the walk worthwhile when the water is so clear and comfortable(mid 70sF I think). We also enjoyed our pick of McGuire's own beers and some delicious burgers after the dives!

Can't wait till next time! :D Pics to come later when I go fetch my camera from my buddies car(D'Oh!).

Sounds like fun. I am going to be up for a dive at the Destin Jetties in a few weekends...

Sound good. thanks for sharing

Definately makes for fun dives, easy too if you hit the tides right and visibility is usually decent. The dives here are always different in some way, whether it be a certain fish running a particular weekend, spotting a turtle, being visited by dolphin, ect.

This dive keeps getting deeper - I hit 59' today too.

I can't seem to upload pictures right now - when the board stops burping I'll try to post them.

Looks like the attachments are working so here are the pictures:

Deffinitly a great day for diving. Was so crowded out there today though.

Yeah, I think the high tide was an hour later today too. Thats the best thing about the earlier high tides, you tend to get out there before people get over there hangovers :)

I attached most of my pictures above - anybody know what this picture is?

SeaYoda:
I attached most of my pictures above - anybody know what this picture is?

HAHA! Bottlerocket?!

SuPrBuGmAn:
HAHA! Bottlerocket?!
DING DING DING - correct answer!
I wasn't sure I could launch it and get the pic at the same time. I think the bubbles and June grass round out the picture artistically :D.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom