Destin Dennis Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FSUgly:
Anyways, so diving the Jetties in 2 weekends is probably not a good thing? I had been thinking of coming over to do that before the storm hit. And, of course, thats assuming Emily, or the one behind her, don't make it here by then. Whaddaya think? Dive it, or don't dive it? Anybody want to join me?

I'll be in the panhandle diving the springs that weekend, otherwise, barring heavy storms in between now and then, I wouldn't think twice about diving the jetties. Visibility might not be optimal, but within 2 weeks of Ivan, I was enjoying 5-10' of visibility on the Destin Jetties :wink:

Come out and dive the springs, we'll give the jetties another weekend and dive them then :D

mike_s:
...Do they come remove those chairs and umbrellas (and the boxes) before the storm?...
I saw some of those guys removing their stuff from the beaches on Friday. I guess they take the boxes too or they'll have to get new ones for sure!

FSUgly:
...Anyways, so diving the Jetties in 2 weekends is probably not a good thing? I had been thinking of coming over to do that before the storm hit. And, of course, thats assuming Emily, or the one behind her, don't make it here by then. Whaddaya think? Dive it, or don't dive it? Anybody want to join me?
Like SBM says, viz will be low but discovering new trash is always a plus :D. I wouldn't count the jetties out, just don't expect the great viz that should be there at this time of year. Look on the bright side, we could be complaining about bad viz due to June grass.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom