Destin Dennis Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here are some pictures from about two hours past landfall and some from about 8:00 AM this morning:

I am glad to see you are ok SY. I am also glad that I got to see Destin right before it got hit. Those beach errosion pics are crazy. Seeing the marina empty is weird too.

Matt

The first three were in front of Fairfield on Old 98 - 2 hours past landfall. I was "asked" to leave by some of our fine Walton County officers before I could get any more pictures that day. The second set of three were from 7:30 this morning at the campground where the shark attack occured. The two panorama's were from the Destin Harbor at about 8:00 AM.

Main damage is erosion. Some minor structural damage in places I could see - they won't let anyone down Old 98 or Gulf Shore Drive.

Corigan:
I am glad to see you are ok SY. ...
It's good to be OK - thanks.

I suppose the jetties will be toast for a bit.

jviehe:
I suppose the jetties will be toast for a bit.

I was thinking about posting on Sunday asking if anyone was interested in diving the jetties [sarcasim implied]. Of course this would have been a "drift dive".

The first three were in front of Fairfield on Old 98

The Fairfield is kinda located on old 98 between the Crab Trap and Pampano Joes right? (On Crystal Beach?)

I too have never seen that harbor docks area empty. Where do they take the boats that are too big to trailer out? I assume "up river" somwhere or across the bay?

mike_s:
...The Fairfield is kinda located on old 98 between the Crab Trap and Pampano Joes right? (On Crystal Beach?)...
It's east of Pompano Joe's quite a bit. I was just east of The Whale's Tail and just west of the first walk-over coming from Silver Sands. I couldn't get anywhere near Crystal Beach.

So I guess now we have to use the GIANT giant stride entry technique?
Just curious, how bad does viz get? Was 20-30 before, but a week after down to bad Venice conditions? What is viz usually? I'm also glad yer ok Yoda. If it hadn't been for Cuba slowing it down, you guys would have been PASTED!!!

SeaYoda, can you tell me what is done, if anything to repair the damage to the beach? That's some pretty deep erosion.......the old men with black socks and metal detectors are NOT going to be able to climb back up that.

Any links to sites that talk about it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom