Depth record for a DH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t know the record, but Cousteau used double hose on the Britannic with Heliox a while back. I don’t know the depth. I think they were using Spriro Mistral single stage regulators

Double hose were also used in the early dives to the Andrea Doria. I am fairly sure they were using plain Aqua Master.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago in that frigid quarry Wazee, Robo, Luis, Ryan and a few others swam down to 200 plus feet, swam around and then swam back up, freaking out a "team" of Scuba Steves in the process. I wussed out, to dang cold for me and my thin blood, I stopped at 90 feet or less and waved those fools good bye, lol, swam back up were it was nice and warm, sorta. It was so cold I thought I might die. I think, if memory serves, the deepest I have been with a double hose is about 180 feet. The water was plenty warm this time but I kept running into the bottom, I hate that when it happens.

N

Double hose were also used in the early dives to the Andrea Doria. I am fairly sure they were using plain Aqua Master.

That was before the Aqua Master (07/25/1956), it was most likely a DA Navy approved.

Seems to me I read in Cousteaus first book, "The Silent World", where they had a whole chapter devoted to seeing how deep they could stand to go on scuba. I don't have a copy any more, but I think they made it to almost 400 ft. One guy on the team did not come back up. Maybe someone else could verify.

Seems to me I read in Cousteaus first book, "The Silent World", where they had a whole chapter devoted to seeing how deep they could stand to go on scuba. I don't have a copy any more, but I think they made it to almost 400 ft. One guy on the team did not come back up. Maybe someone else could verify.

Hey Dale, long time no see on SB. How's it going?

And they did it on air and no BC's no doubt.

~370 Britannic- Cousteau, single stage regulator
300 (297) Cousteau (see story excerpt below)
200+ Andrea Doria (180 to top of wreck in 225 feet of water),Peter Gimbel of Gimbel & Macy's department store fame. He photographed the Doria a day after it sunk for Life Magazine.
200 Dumas in 1947

Vintage Scuba Supply Community Forum - Beware- Hoses on double hosers will collapse!

One of JYC's divers, Maurice Fargues died while doing a deep test dive to the determine the limits of the aqua lung. His signature was found on the marker board attached to the shot line, 396 feet down where he drowned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom