Depp insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

showboat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my Olympus PT-015 housing flooded on a dive today and my now defunked Olympus D-5050. I have filed a claim online today when I got home.

My question is how long till they will replace or god-forbid have to send me a check. I am heading out to AKR in 2 weeks from today. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks in advance.

I have no experience with DEPP, but from the title of your thread combined with the angry face icon, I thought for sure this post would be a complaint regarding their policies & proceedures or something...

Sorry to hear about the flooded camera! I hope DEPP responds to your claim in a reasonable (and reasonably prompt!) manner... :)

I think you should contact them by phone- ASAP!!!

I had a flood in my Oly 4040 in 2003:

After calling DEPP to file the claim, I had to ship the flooded camera to a shop (?? in NH??). The people there had to verify that an "unrepairable flood" had indeed taken place, report this to DEPP, and then I was contacted re: a replacement. As the 4040 was out of production, DEPP offered to send me a replacement 5050 , for (IIRC) $60. I agreed to take the 5050, DEPP purchased one, and has it shipped to my home

This process took 2+ months. As I was not diving during that time, for me: no harm, no foul. If I had another trip/dive scheduled for 2 weeks after the flood- I think I'd have been SOL.
If the process is still the same, perhaps you can speed it up (fed ex overnight, etc...),but I'd strongly suggest the phone call, real soon.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

You can claim if it floods, dont think we have anything like that in the UK (not that I've looked hard) and will prob cost alot here. :/

Sorry to hear though.

Well I now chamged that baaaaaad icon Mikkilj

I already files online and do plan to followup with a phone call in the morning. I am going to ask if I can just purchase a refurbished one and just habve then send me a check.

I wonder if people from miles away heard me say %@^$ and &*^@&$#* while I was underwater

I would think that would be fine as it is part of their policy to allow you to do that.

Definietly ring them ASAP as emails can take a while to get to the right person.

You will need verification that the flood damage could not be repaired before they will authorise a replacement. Make sure you have that when you ring - fax or email a copy - as they can't do anything without it.

YMMV

Thanks all, just as I thought that I would do in the first place.

I just hate it when I just recieved my new S&S YS-90 Auto strobe and all and did not even get to take one stinken picture this morning on my 1st dive of the day.....

I hate to dive without my camera when I seen this huge 6-7 foot Green Moray Eel swimming out in the open waters..

If I was you and was going on a trip in 2 weeks to AKR, I would skip the DEPP clain and get another camera real fast. Deal with the claim when you get back.

E-Bay is your friend

Don't worry, DEPP has very good customer service! I would call their 760-674-9655 and confirm that they got your email.

My Canon S70 camera flooded on a dive the previous weekend and I contacted them as soon as I got home. They had me send the camera and housing to an authorized camera repair shop to confirm the damage and if it could be repaired. The camera shop said both the housing and camera were a total loss. This happened within 2 days.

Here's the best part. I called DEPP today to get a status on the claim and they said that the camera shop will be mailing me a BRAND NEW camera directly and DEPP will be sending me a new housing (because the camera shop didn't have one in stock). DEPP is handling everything!

So I expect to get a new camera and housing inside of a week! These guys are awesome. Compaired with the forms and time spent making a claim with my credit card's Purchase Protection plan (for a digital camera that shorted out, not dive related), DEPP is care free and very responsive.

showboat:
my Olympus PT-015 housing flooded on a dive today and my now defunked Olympus D-5050. I have filed a claim online today when I got home.

My question is how long till they will replace or god-forbid have to send me a check. I am heading out to AKR in 2 weeks from today. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks in advance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom