Deparate Housewives anti Filipino ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great post, as usual, Shakey

People have no idea how many cases physicians do in America for free and that all that will "go away" once we go socialized, btw. They sure won't be doing them for free anymore, the taxpayers will be paying.

Much of the infant mortality rate can be attributed to the imigrant demographics I think. USA has many challenges that Canada does not have.

My folks boat with many Canadians and they are always complaining about the waits, and they come to Florida to get caught up on their medical maintenance.

The simple truth is that medical schools in most other countries are AWFUL, they SUCK. Their standards are low. This isn't racist, it has nothing to do with race. It has to do with culture, economics, politics and a thousand other variables that make some systems better than others.I don't see the Saudis going to the Phillippines for treatment. Everyone knows the Mayo clinic and Sloan Kettering worldwide...name a Phillippine hospital. Give ME a break.

and this is based on WHAT fact? studies conducted by american institutions about american institutions? UST (univ of sto. tomas... one of the top med schools here) may not be as famous or what compared to johns hopkins but that doesn't mean their standard sucks... hell, for all we know JH could be full of bullcrap and they just happen to be getting a lot of press from movies and such... hence the "validation" that they are "the standard"

thank god our teenagers don't go around shooting up their classmates during lunch, our homies don't go around drive by-ing each other in the projects, and although kris aquino and ruffa gutierrez are genuine sluuts they are nothing like britney spears and paris hilton...

because everything i see on (american) TV is true so that's all you guys seem to do there... shoot each other, stop cars for any violation, shoot more people, make cop shows and talk about britney/ paris...

maybe we do have it better, neh?

(stirring pot)

Jag

PS
babyd: i've never seen a blue-ringed octo... must be pretty...

uh.....yeah....they're beautiful.....keep that big *** stir spoon pointed over there.....I with the expat group. Whew....I suppose the next thing we'll talk about is corruption and such...storm brewing naman! So, anyone seen an alligator fish?

uh.....yeah....they're beautiful.....keep that big *** stir spoon pointed over there.....I with the expat group. Whew....I suppose the next thing we'll talk about is corruption and such...storm brewing naman! So, anyone seen an alligator fish?

bwahahahaha.... no, lets not even think about corruption. i kinda like the tone of this thread...

and isn't St. Luke's considered one of the most modern hospital in Asia? well, i guess people who do not look beyond their own backyard wouldn't know about what's out at the front gate. :shakehead:

I'm a bit confused.

You can buy fake degrees/diplomas/medical qualifications....whatever......almost anywhere. I know for a FACT that they're available in the Philippines, and I know for a FACT that they're available in the US as well. That doesn't mean in either place that there isn't real training - probably just that fake stuff costs less in the Philippines! :D

You guys have really gotta take a step back! :D

Don't ya just love racial stereo-typing! (not)

Hello, everybody playing nice here?

I think some are beginning to believe that everything you see on TV must be true.....
you mean it's not!?!?!?!?!

you mean the little people in the box are not real!?!?!?!?

i guess i have to find something else to do now huh.......

hahahahahahahaha

Jag

PS
@kim: i swear i wish the people here where i teach would fall for a fake MA diploma so i don't have to slave over my thesis any more... and for that matter i may as well put in for a PhD diploma and TOR so i can get that full professor title added to my name ahahahahahahahaha

So political correctness has reached the point where all professions in all countries must be presumed equivalent and above reproach? Where professional schools of other countries now have the status of a protected class? So the autos built by the Eastern block countries must be equal to German autos? Or the Russian nuclear plants must be assumed safer than Europe's? Is it a racial slur to say that the economy of Sudan is in worse shape than ours, or Ireland's? No. It is fact. For those who see everything as "racist", however, facts come second. The dirty secret here isn't that Filipino's were insulted. The real reason for the uproar is that the show implied that American doctors are the best, and that we now live in an America-hating environment where we must be ashamed of our economic and technologic superiority.

The simple truth is that medical schools in most other countries are AWFUL, they SUCK. Their standards are low. This isn't racist, it has nothing to do with race. It has to do with culture, economics, politics and a thousand other variables that make some systems better than others.I don't see the Saudis going to the Phillippines for treatment. Everyone knows the Mayo clinic and Sloan Kettering worldwide...name a Phillippine hospital. Give ME a break.<snip>
Shakey, here's your Philippine Medical Center ; everyone knows St. Lukes (in SE Asia that is). Fairly comparable to any Hospital and teaching facility here in the USA.
International Affiliations:

New York Presbyterian Hospital

Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons

Weill-Cornell Medical College of Cornell University

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Granted, as fine as this Institute and the University of the Philippines Medical School are, graduates are still required to take Board Exams here in the States to practice Medicine (and can command any salary they want as soon as they pass:) ). . .

You get a break Shakey: not a racist, but a bit "geo-culturally" uninformed. . .

@kim: i swear i wish the people here where i teach would fall for a fake MA diploma so i don't have to slave over my thesis any more... and for that matter i may as well put in for a PhD diploma and TOR so i can get that full professor title added to my name ahahahahahahahaha
I know.......it would be so easy. The scary thing is that SOME places it actually works. People have been mis-representing their qualifications since the beginning though, it's really nothing new.....or attributable to any one place or people.

Liars come from anywhere......

Back
Top Bottom