Deparate Housewives anti Filipino ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know.......it would be so easy. The scary thing is that SOME places it actually works. People have been mis-representing their qualifications since the beginning though, it's really nothing new.....or attributable to any one place or people.

Liars come from anywhere......
so true

seems this happened a few years ago at De La Salle (top university in the philippines)... seems this one professor was walking around with a doctorate he got from Brown (in the US)... for some strange reason nobody ever bothered looking too deep... turns out he never did get a PhD from Brown...

never even got a PhD for that matter... he must have "studied" before computers because it was much harder for 2 institutions to communicate in-depth across the pacific back then...

sad...

Jag

PS
that being said... would a diploma that said "made in japan" be better than one that said "made in taiwan?"

PS
that being said... would a diploma that said "made in japan" be better than one that said "made in taiwan?"
Absolutely!!!! :D

That said.....my wife is a Japanese qualified veterinarian. If she wanted to practice in the US/Canada, or Europe etc, she'd need some more years at one of their universities.

Of course....when she looked after sick cows and stuff in Paraguay that was OK! (apparently 1st world cows are more complicated, or valuable, or something....) I dunno......judging from what I've seen of the British health service and the Japanese one.....if it's similar standards.......I'd probably prefer to be a cow in Japan!!!! :D

Absolutely!!!! :D

judging from what I've seen of the British health service and the Japanese one.....if it's similar standards.......I'd probably prefer to be a cow in Japan!!!! :D

also... the weather in japan doesn't suck that much compared to GB. so that makes the cow happier.

PS

well, people who paid s4itloads of money to get a fake diploma in the US felt probably cheated that you can get it at such a cheap price in PI! thus, the uproar. :laughing:

also... the weather in japan doesn't suck that much compared to GB. so that makes the cow happier.
Well........English grass IS pretty good (it rains so much there). But when you're standing there with someones' arm inserted in your butt until the shoulder, I'm not sure that you'd be thinking about the weather! :11: :rofl3:

well, people who paid s4itloads of money to get a fake diploma in the US felt probably cheated that you can get it at such a cheap price in PI! thus, the uproar. :laughing:
That's what I said.........pure jealousy! For some reason though people just presume that a diploma from *Someplace* US postcode, rather than *Someplace* Philippines postcode is going to work better or something.

Dumb asses.....

This reminds me about a chat I had with our regional head of private banking. It was interesting to hear that his high net worth clients (folks for whom a 1st class business trip to the US would be a drop in the bucket) go not to the states, but to... BANGKOK for checkups and even major invasive surgery. Ever hear of a hospital called Bumrungrad Int'l Hospital? And no their specialty isn't breast augmentation or gender reassignment... Surprised to hear that they are considered one of the top int'l 10 hospitals and visited by a good number of American and European patients seeking medical help (not just tourists falling off some tuk tuk...:wink:).

ABC News: A Cut Below: Americans Look Abroad for Health Care
Why Patients Are Flocking Overseas for Operations - Newsweek: International Editions - MSNBC.com

It happens over here as well.

Patients taking a medical holiday in Thailand.

Pakman
Ever hear of a hospital called Bumrungrad Int'l Hospital?

A very well known hospital in Thailand and now making news elsewhere, you are right about it, I usually stay across the street from it when I visit Thailand. I sure wish they were open in 1991.

I did a 'spiral fracture' of my fiblia in '91 on Koh Samet, after 3-days on a island with no medical attention (just a bottle of Percoset) I finally made it to Bangkok, on home-made bamboo cruches. The first hospital nobody could speak much english and after looking around it 'did not look so hot':shakehead: but better than the Anglo American hospital in Cairo where I had minor surgery in '89, and then they wanted baksheesh afterwards:11:, so the US Embassy directed me to a Thai doctor at a different hospital who did the surgery.

It's been 16 years and I"m still wearing 6 screws and piece of 'swiss steal'. After returning home I had a top orthopedic doctor from Lake Tahoe (they deal with alot of snow ski injuries and with the US Winter Olympic Team and snow is my business) he said the Thai doctor did a great job, and if anything, 'over' re-inforced my ankle. I don't ski anymore, but can still run and dive.

The moral of the story is "Don't try Muay Thai after drinking Thai Whiskey":D

Pakman
The moral of the story is "Don't try Muay Thai after drinking Thai Whiskey":D

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

[B:
shakeybrainsurgeon;3147622][/B]The dirty secret here isn't that Filipino's were insulted. The real reason for the uproar is that the show implied that American doctors are the best, and that we now live in an America-hating environment where we must be ashamed of our economic and technologic superiority.

seriously, i don't think you lot would ever be ashamed of anything besides your president. *oops, can i say that here? would this be against TOS? will i now get banned? :11:*

don't be so quick on your implications. you may have the best medical training around in your country but it doesn't always imply u get to produce the best medical practitioners and enough number at that....if that is the case, then you wouldn't have to get human resources outside.

Much of the infant mortality rate can be attributed to the imigrant demographics I think. USA has many challenges that Canada does not have.
Cuba is a very poor country, but according to the CIA :

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/cu.html ....

In the USA :

Infant mortality rate:

total: 6.37 deaths/1,000 live births
male: 7.02 deaths/1,000 live births
female: 5.68 deaths/1,000 live births (2007 est.)

In Cuba :

Infant mortality rate :

total: 6.04 deaths/1,000 live births
male: 6.76 deaths/1,000 live births
female: 5.26 deaths/1,000 live births (2007 est.)

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom