Denise's very own NONSENSE THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GOOD LUCK DOCC!
sinclair-larholio-irs.jpg

Carolyn:shark2:

Denise:

I have a CPA question. I have an IRS audit tomorrow.:depressed: Which is my best course of action?

1. Send my CPA in my place( he's a wimp and may cave under pressure).

2. Go myself with all my stuff well organized and cross referenced. Wear a tie. shave. Pretend to be intelligent.

3. Go myself and take a huge mass of documentation in a cluttered, unorganized mess inside of a box or grocery sack. Wear jeans and boots and don't take my dip out until the audit is underway.

Thanks for any advice you can give. The result of this audit may affect my ability to take multiple out of CONUS dive drips in the future.

I was teasing about being screwed.:wink: Go with #2, but take your CPA with you also. You know more about your business and books and deductions than anyone else so you should be there to answer any questions about that, but your CPA needs to be there to answer any questions about how your return was prepared. Always act like you know what you are doing :wink: and have your records organized. You want to make a good first impression. A mess will only make them think you have done something wrong, whether it was intentional or not.

I was teasing about being screwed.:wink: Go with #2, but take your CPA with you also. You know more about your business and books and deductions than anyone else so you should be there to answer any questions about that, but your CPA needs to be there to answer any questions about how your return was prepared. Always act like you know what you are doing :wink: and have your records organized. You want to make a good first impression. A mess will only make them think you have done something wrong, whether it was intentional or not.

You think I could make a good first impression by taking the auditor a gift? I just happen to have this bottle of Jamaican dark rum laying around that I could offer up.

Posted via Mobile Device

I have to go walk my dog ....

The neighbors don't like my dog

That sure seems like a lot of snow, for san diego...

:D

I have seen this before, it's an amazing piece of technology.

Watch out, Skynet will be coming for you soon...

You think I could make a good first impression by taking the auditor a gift? I just happen to have this bottle of Jamaican dark rum laying around that I could offer up.

Noooooooo!!!! They will only take your money. They won't torture you....I will.....

Well.....that was fun!!

(Denise I still, have your Jamaican rum!)

Posted via Mobile Device

Whew!!!!! Close call :wink: So how did everything go with the auditor?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom