Denise's very own NONSENSE THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A group of guests in the park were telling me about all the sand dollars out past the second sandbar. The husbands wanted to collect them for the wives, but they couldn't freedive that deep.

So, I went out with my gear. There were hundreds of them, all alive, making neat little trails all over the bottom. Most the size of the palm of my hand. There were many jellyfish out there, at least three different types.

I only found two for collection purposes.

Yeah, I saw two moon jellies, a few combs, a couple I didn't know the name of.

And I forgot to mention, we were being followed by 3 remoras. Darn things wouldn't leave us alone.

I also found a couple pipe fish, a school of ladyfish swarmed us, and there were a few juvenile pompano that kept nibbling at the two guys following me with snorkles, and pool noodles. (don't ask)

Who says that a dive straight off a sandy beach is boring?

I've dove right off the beach before a few times. it's what you make of it. you find all kinds of stuff that peolple have dropped in the water.

Saw a remora trying to attach itself to the bottom of the dive boat this past weekend. It was working hard trying to bite in, but just never get a hold of it! :rofl3:

Folks saw a manatee cruise by the other day, plenty of shark and dolphin sightings, but none yesterday.

No human trash either.

It all washed up during the last storm. I guess it will take a while for it to build back up/get uncovered again.

well some of the odder "human trash" articles I've seen are at the jetties.

floor mats, hats, kids toys, lots of bottles/cans/consumables trash.
all kind of jump dropped off boats in the channel or moved in/out by the currents.

I think there was a bicycle there for a while.

We get TVs that wash up on shore every now and again.

We do a check along the beach each morning, looking for signs of nesting turtles.

It seems that there are themes of the trash.

Some days, I'll find lots of sunglasses, or sand shaping toys. One day it was oranges. Some times it's shoes.

Oh hell no.

I have been doing less work, and eating more food.

I don't think I could do any diving that would require me fitting into my old wetsuit...

:D

Back
Top Bottom