Denise's very own NONSENSE THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to our little world, even if ya are a Yank...we are happy you could join the conversation! All my family lives in Ohio...so it's good to see a neighbor from up north! :D

Carolyn:sharks:

Thanks for the welcome....

As far south as I have ever lived is just below the Mason-Dixon Line in Maryland!

Heck why not, my post count is low :)

WELCOME!!!!
One day you will be a post pimp like the rest of us! :postpimp:

Carolyn:sharks:

how deep was the water where you "splashed" ?

didn't look more than a couple feet.

looks like it almost bought a few rocks there at the first of this video.

couple feet at the most, came to my upper thigh.

that's the shot I was looking for. I was trying to swoop in across the water, and then pull up just in time to clear the rocks. I just flew a little too low in the first video.

I have new appreciation for the inability of people from Louisiana to complete a proper evacuation.

For three days, I have been telling people to not use our park as an evacuation destination.

Let's try going through the logic on such a decision here...

You live in a state that's been devastated by hurricanes in the past. There's a hurricane in the gulf, that has caused yet another mandatory evacuation. This gulf storm could hit anywhere on the gulf coast. Where do you go when you evacuate?

Ding ding ding, yeah, go to a coastal RV park.

I had been getting phone calls asking if we would have room. Yeah, we're going to have room. The people who see the storm coming, and have some sense of self preservation are leaving. These spots were quickly filled with people from Louisiana.

They were not too pleased to have to leave, when we too closed our park due to a mandatory evacuation. As we were sending people away, people from this amazing state were fighting with me, trying to gain access to the park.

Leaving, I was surrounded by vehicles with Louisiana license plates. What's wrong with going NORTH? One woman said since they had to evacuate, they decided to make a vacation of it. So they wanted to come to our park....

Ok, we're expecting 15' storm surges, 20 mph sustained winds, and lots of rain. Not exactly the criteria I would be looking for when choosing a vacation destination. When they could just as easily drive north, and enjoy the mountains of GA, AL, or TN. All likely experiencing much more pleasant weather conditions.

Ok, that's all for now.

I understand what you are saying. Mandatory evacuations should have started 4 days before the storm, not 24hrs or less. We shall see what they want to do in the coming days here in Savannah. Hanna might be making her presence with some nastiness by the end of the week. Needless to say, I am part of the team that stays with my patients. This should be an interesting week.
at200808_5day.gif

Carolyn:shark2:

PHD.....

that's sadly sorta funny.

Lousiana is getting swamped by a hurricane that will cause evacation of the area, then they take their RV/5th-wheel and want to camp on the coast, which is going to get storms also...

Weather channel said that Appilachicola (sp?) got 47mph winds earlier today, and that's even further away...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom