DEMA Seminar - How to Avoid Litigation from Scuba Intros and General Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At least 20% maybe more of SB discussion is centered on the shortcomings of PADI and a few other traning agencies. It should then be no surprise to hear that cases brought against the same are winning verdicts and settlements. Apperently this Lesser fellow and firm has tried enough cases that their knowledge of the subject matter has them the go to firm for cases against the industry. I am all for tort reform in many facets of American life (medical #1) but a counter balance to uncaring business is a must as well. Finding the proper balance is not going to be easy...

Last edited:
Easy, Boys, Easy. Lessor works with my insurance company to defend me against lawsuits. Guess it all depends on who pays his retainer.

Easy, Boys, Easy. Lessor works with my insurance company to defend me against lawsuits. Guess it all depends on who pays his retainer.

If he working both sides of the isle the dive industry is indeed as small as Thal always indicates. Only enough work for a few industry familiar attorneys. Hats off to him. He gets to snag the all the winners it seems...

Shark Lawyers posting on ScubaBoard....we think like fish and mammals, so you received the appropriate responses for a "Grey Suit" master predator, the master living dinosaur (although he had an granddaddy much bigger) Mr. Great White, I'm shy the scienticfic name.

As they say "know you're audience" when and before presenting. I stand by my OP.

In the parlance of my learned counselors......."asked and answered"

"Easy, Easy...........you're hired gun " as I said........... not the diving communities.

Yes, how true indeed: "They have no stake in any case they take; their job is to research the law and twist it as far as possible in favor of their clients."

Is that a good thing?

Depends on whether it's YOUR lawyer or the other guy's lawyer...

Yes, how true indeed: "They have no stake in any case they take; their job is to research the law and twist it as far as possible in favor of their clients."

Is that a good thing?

:confused: If they are doing plantiffs work they are bankrolling tens of thousands or more of the firm's working capital in order to build cases. As I stated earlier, apperentely he is so knowledgable of the industry and workings of diving that the insurance companies can swallow their anmosity towards plantiff attorneys in order to hire his firm to defend their insureds in the rare cases other attorneys get hired to sue the industry. Heck, even Thal likes him.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom