DEMA Seminar - How to Avoid Litigation from Scuba Intros and General Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i agree that flaunting his wealth in the ad and, apparently, in person, is tacky, to say the least.

tacky as all get out, however exactly what any sane person would want when trying to get a lawyer to win you money.

There are several reasons why you pay so much for insurance, and none of them are Rick. One is the corruption of the insurance scheme that, as I understand it, pays substantial kickbacks (I’m sorry … “finders fees” to individuals and agencies); another is the bizarre way in which the insurance industry keeps rates up by maintaining a mythical “reserve” for future claims that, historically, has always been way above the actual need;

I agree with most of the other points, but this one is in fantasy land. "Corruption" and "kickbacks". You left out "obscene profits" because they don't really have obscene profits. You're a little short on economic theory.

Hewitt's point was that the relationship that Lesser allegedly had with PADI/Cronin was such that Lesser had priveledged (sic) information that was gathered from their personal relationship and then used against them.

This is nonsense. If there is specific knowledge it would be covered under some type of non-disclosure agreement. If it is general knowledge, then there is nothing illegal, unethical, or unfair in its use. If PADI/Cronin divulged critical information not covered by a non-disclosure agreement, whose fault would that be? Maybe someone should be fired over it.:D

I agree that flaunting his wealth in the ad and, apparently, in person, is tacky, to say the least.
Oh, for the chance to be tacky one day! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom