DEMA next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have yet begun to walk the floor. That’s today. Yesterday was a fascinating lecture by SB’s own Doug Ebersole on PFOs and DCS. He is an rare bird: experienced diver and interventional cardiologist and a great speaker. I’ll post most of his pres tomorrow.

Yesterday was also PADI’s OLPC 3.0 release. Yawn. Let’s take a really bad webpage and make it even worse by adding really confusing functionality with a new set of confusing features. I’ve never seen so many hands go up simultaneously in a state of panic during Q&A. I’m always an early adopter but I’m going wait this one out...

I did see the new SUUNTO D5 wrist computer. It’s an EON Core inside a watch form factor with...RGBM 2. Supposedly a much more aggressive algorithm. How much? Who knows? Very mysterious, “but we promise that you”ll like it”. Most comforting. Ironically I went from the to Shearwater-no comparison. Teric looks better and now has a bright re ctarget on it’s back which everyone else is trying to nail.

Going to look at new Ratio wristwatch today and some lights. Then the usual cast of characters.

Attachments

• 742E2219-C0BC-486D-B420-5865050EA637.jpeg
    742E2219-C0BC-486D-B420-5865050EA637.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 4FC1A00B-658A-4D51-8CA2-C362DCEC6203.jpeg
    4FC1A00B-658A-4D51-8CA2-C362DCEC6203.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 176
...I did see the new SUUNTO D5 wrist computer. It’s an EON Core inside a watch form factor with...RGBM 2. Supposedly a much more aggressive algorithm. How much? Who knows? Very mysterious, “but we promise that you”ll like it”. Most comforting. Ironically I went from the to Shearwater-no comparison. Teric looks better and now has a bright re ctarget on it’s back which everyone else is trying to nail.

The D5 is on the Suunto website, apparently available 2019 Suunto D5 dive computer with color screen and exchangeable straps No details on Fused RGBM 2

Maybe it will run Buhlmann too, see @JackD342 post

I'd be real curious to hear if Thalatoo is there with their Māoï head-mounted computer. Non-mask dependent HUD at a reasonable price point. But does it work (well)?

Of course if Shearwater would repackage the NERD2 a little and bring the price down in line with a Perdix ...

Suunto was very clear only Steel would have Buhlmann 16 GF. By the way, D5 is rechargeable, they don't yet have finalized recharge cycle specs to publish. Currently described as "a weekend of diving."

Hi @-JD-

Do you know what deco algorithm the Maoi runs? The website makes it look like it may be a Buhlmann variant, but it may regular Buhlmann. I could not find a price, do you know it?

Hi @-JD-

Do you know what deco algorithm the Maoi runs? The website makes it look like it may be a Buhlmann variant, but it may regular Buhlmann. I could not find a price, do you know it?

Their Indiegogo campaign (Maoi, a Smart Head-Up Display Dive Computer) pegged them at €499 MSRP with pre-order prices from €290-390. Their last update in July indicated expected deliveries by the end of this year.

Hi @-JD-

The page that @-JD- linked says:

Māoï integrates a Bühlmann ZHL-16C algorithm with gradient factors.

Saw the new Scubapro Galileo HUD computer. Mounts to a mask. Not any mask - must have a rigid mounting area above nasal bridge. G2 internals with GPS. Nice implementation - very easy to see but quite steep at about $1600. Saw no reason to give up my Teric or Perdix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom