DEMA next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Anyone going to DEMA next week? Any rumors on new and exciting? I'm going to subject myself to hearing about the latest iteration of whatever PADI presents as OLPC this time. (Again). I wonder if Drew is going to do the same Dog & Pony show as last time complete with demos and free drinks only NOT to release it after the show. And one year later - still nothing. In that vein...if one more student asks me why traditional is cheaper than e-learning...

Looking forward to seeing the latest Chinese lights and maybe computers. I heard that could be an item this year. DAN talks are always informative. Going to try and avoid 2 million different flavors and combinations of Bonaire and Cozumel vacations.

Anyone else have something to look out for?

I'll be flying in for a lightning fast visit on the last day.
It's a short hop out to Vegas for me.
Just going to unobtrusively stroll the main floor for a couple hours.
Scuba-celebrity gawking, and seeing what's new.

Okay, today is the day and I am looking for reports! :)

- How does the OrcaTorch D630 can light look?

- Any other can lights comparable to the D630?

- Any new dive computers worth noting?

- Is anybody there offering a show special on a Divesoft Trimix analyzer and is anybody willing to pick me one up and send it to me? :)

- I heard of a rumor of a new HUD display dive computer that attaches to a GoPro mount, supports trimix, CC mode, and Buhlmann w/GF. Any signs of it at the show? My rumor source couldn't tell me what brand it is.

- Is there anybody talking about any advancement in use of solid state O2 sensors in analyzers or CCRs? E.g. the SS O2 sensor that Poseidon is using.

Short list I see. I’ll try and hit one or two for you.

Short list I see. I’ll try and hit one or two for you.

You've got all day and nothing better to do, right?!? ;-)

Back
Top Bottom