DEMA 2013 Anybody going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Am looking to go to DEMA for one day. Is anybody going that is willing to car pool and split expenses? Saturday would be the best day, but I have another commitment that I would cancel if it were the only day to go to DEMA.

I plan on driving up on Friday night and staying the La Quinta Inn near the convention center. Going to meet up with my IDEA colleagues before checking out the floor on Saturday. I'll be leaving Miami around 1:30 ish if you don't mind going up a day early. I will be coming back on Saturday afternoon. I need to hunt for BC's to eventually replace my aging stock of Genesis Cayman's.

Hmmmm I'd be interested if it was a day trip...don't want to stay over.

Yes, a day trip. Split costs for gas... And actually prefer it not be Saturday!

Sounds like you all have DEMA connections. $60 to get in on Saturday doesn't seem worth it even though I'm buying some scooters now that my boat is gone.

Sounds like you all have DEMA connections. $60 to get in on Saturday doesn't seem worth it even though I'm buying some scooters now that my boat is gone.

Finally pulled the trigger on the boat huh.

Now what?

I called the Dema show and asked about one day exhibit tickets only.. on the website they say Saturday only. Ugh..
Had to leave a message.. nobody has called back..

I got a call back. the only one day passes for exhibits only is for Saturday. The other one day passes during the week are over double the cost. ugh..

That's to keep the lookie loos out. The other days is when mfg's really only want to talk to buyers, set up new dealers, and shmooze old ones into buying more. Or cut deals.amongst themselves. They don't really have time to talk to dm's and instructor's who likely will not have a significant effect on their bottom line. Unless they.have volunteer guys like me in the booth who just love to talk diving with anyone!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom