Delta Airlines left me stranded in Cozumel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure how a policy of overbooking would work well for the airlines. They have your CC, so if you are a no show, they can get paid. I've NEVER went to get on a flight, and been told my seat was sold. I'm sure it does happen, but I've been flying for a long time, and a reservation is just that. Generally standby passengers get the short end, but they have agreed to fly standby.

I have taken advantage of overbooked flights, and let my seat go for compensation. But I *could* have flown had I chose to do so.

My guess is the OP booked as standby and does not know this. But I've been wrong before! :D

All airlines overbook their flights. If you got a seat assigned when you booked, then you will keep your seat if overbooked. If you did not get a seat assigned and the flight is overbooked, the airline will usually ask for volunteers to give up their seats for some $$$ or travel certificates. Any seat available will then be given to booked passengers based on some criteria such elite status, full fare passengers etc.... (from an airline industry insider). In any case, if you are left behind, the airline will compensate you and also provide for hotel and food. (from an airline industry insider)

They used to actually make it worth your while to take them up on their offers. Lately they have gotten just as cheap at what they offer as they have with their free "services".

hmmm.... I guess our "one post wonder" isn't coming back? :popcorn:

It certainly looks as though we've been left behind. Either that or it is a REALLY long flight home for him :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom