Delta 4 the new cold water reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

24940 as I understand they actually stopped delivering any air at all and not with a bail out free flow. And yes I'm kinda with you on the training not to take away from bad equipment. I rather make an emergency free ascent and worry about getting to a chamber once I was on the surface. It's better to have a chance than none at all, I think you'll agree.
I do agree.

Any idea on the make and model of the regs? Sounds like an upstream 2nd, but that doesn't quite wash with the report:
The trio had dived to about 107 feet when Ms. Eads' and Mr. Frendenberg's regulators began icing up, the sheriff said.
He said the process is similar to the frost that collects on a windshield and it can prevent the inner valves of a diver's regulator from closing as they should. The result is the sudden rush, or free flow, of air through the diver's mouthpiece.

Noboundaries your old man was wise . . . never heard that but I'm going to quote it!

24940 could you send me a link to that report?
I heard 3 different versions now, but your the only one that seems to actually seen the report. :)

Thanks BV! He's still alive and kickin' at the young age of 75. Quote away.

Ray

g2:
I think they mean regulator failure due to icing. (Isn't a free-flow the typical failure mode?)

Shown in the picture below are two first stages on a Y valve. You can tell which reg the diver was using, it's the iced one.

just curious what first stages those are in those pics?

Noboundaries your old man was wise . . . never heard that but I'm going to quote it!

24940 could you send me a link to that report?
I heard 3 different versions now, but your the only one that seems to actually seen the report. :)

I googled it, but don't have the link saved, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom