Delaware River Water Gap - Train Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am so in for this..... danny i bought your nomad rig. anyone got the address?

How's it working out?

If you look at the first post the link should give you the address.

... anyone got the address?
Excellent question. Job one is to get everybody to the same place at the right time.

If you Google "Delaware Water Gap National Recreational Area" (or most any variant of that) you will end up at an office waaaaay far away from the dive site. Worse yet, there is a lake nearby that could be confused with Sunfish Pond. It isn't.

Here is what I get:
TrainWreck.jpg

Please check this for accuracy or there will be a lot of unhappy divers this weekend. I'm pretty sure of this info as I've been to Sunfish Pond many times, marked the little parking area. Never been to the dive site. Could be fun.

I'm starting to get into the "adventure" in all this, love local diving... Anybody bringing a grill?

If you guys succeed in finding the wreck, we will be expecting a full report and pics or video. Good luck and lets hear all about it post bbq and beer.
Eric

Just got back from Belmar & Brielle. Tired. Caught the last possible high tide night dive. I'll post that in another thread.

Yep, looks like BRD is game. I'm bringing my harness and search/recovery line, should be "interesting" in sidemount. We are determined to find it even if it is a Braille dive.

I bought a pair of XXL Gloves at HomeDepot last night to go over my 7mm gloves so I can root around in the muck and river bottom and find something to claim as a treasure!

This should be fun and if nothing else - I get to cross it off my list and and add a few more dive sites to the list for this year - like the outside jetties of Shinnecock Inlet or the old Ponquogue Bridge??? But first we need to check this one off... :D

It's the best site on Long Island for beach diving. When the viz is good in late August and sept it's like diving the Carib.

Back
Top Bottom