Defog - I Need Some Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underwatercolors

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have been looking for a defog product called "The Right Stuff". I know everybody has there favorite and this is mine. I believe it is manufactured in Georgia so may only be available in the southeast. Does anybody know where I can pick up a couple of bottles?

Just get a big bottle of Kraken Spit (also sold in stores as Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo).

I'll bet it's a whoooooole lot cheaper and probably works better.

the K

even better you can buy walmart, target, etc brand baby shampoo and save another 1.50. last forever.:mooner:

I recently switched to just spitting in my mask after losing my defog bottle. Works fine for me. The greener the better, as my instructor would say.

Are you thinking of 200 Ft. Vis? White bottle w/ red dive flag - it's the best I've ever used, and I've tried it all...

Is the goal, to remove dirt and oil so that vapor particles have nothing to cling too? If this is so, "The right stuff" is as good as most. Check LP,ST or just Google it.
Good look.
Bat

I have been looking for a defog product called "The Right Stuff". I know everybody has there favorite and this is mine. I believe it is manufactured in Georgia so may only be available in the southeast. Does anybody know where I can pick up a couple of bottles?
What I think you mean by, "Do you know where I can get 'The Right Stuff'" is, "What defog do you recommend?" I am glad you asked: I like McNett Sea Gold.:wink:

The official Scubaboard answers to your other questions, should you decide to ask them, are: Bonaire, hands down; BP/W with hog harness; Rescue; $5 per tank; Jets, with spring straps; yes, when I go snorkeling; ScubaToys; and on your forehead, although the last one is a little controversial.:D

But with Kraken Spit (baby shampoo) you can de-fog your mask, wash your hair, rinse you wet suit, use it as bathing soap, and use it to lube the seals on your dry suit.

Try that with spit.

the K

Another vote for J&J Baby Shampoo.

If fog is giving a hard time is your mask clean?

Pete

Back
Top Bottom