deepest dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wazza

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I would like to know in general what is the deepest dive any if you ever did and with what , open circuit ,scr or ccr ?

wazza:
Out of curiosity I would like to know in general what is the deepest dive any if you ever did and with what , open circuit ,scr or ccr ?

what is open circuit, scr, and ccr?? Just curious 'cause i'm not sure what they stand for and what they mean.

Thanks!

camuhrun:
what is open circuit, scr, and ccr?? Just curious 'cause i'm not sure what they stand for and what they mean.

Thanks!

Open circuit - this is what recreational divers use, the standard tank-regulator setup
Semi Closed Rebreather SCR
Closed Circuit Rebreather CCR

I always wonder why people only care about depth.
Depth is just about taking risks and planning. Loooooong dives are muc more fun and require even more planning.
Bouncing down a fixed line is ONLY about taking risks, you do not even need good skills.
Diving on a deep-wreck or cave for longer bottom-times i think is much more fun.
I would rather do 3hours in 200ft than 10Minutes in 300 :)

Michael

db8us:
I always wonder why people only care about depth.
Depth is just about taking risks and planning. Loooooong dives are muc more fun and require even more planning.
Bouncing down a fixed line is ONLY about taking risks, you do not even need good skills.
Diving on a deep-wreck or cave for longer bottom-times i think is much more fun.
I would rather do 3hours in 200ft than 10Minutes in 300 :)

Michael

I believe people go deep cos it’s more challenging maybe not fun as normal long shallow dives. But imagine there is a wreck at 85 m and still virgin how nice would it be to go and look at it and read about its history and say been there. I believe it’s nice don’t u think so?

So technically it depend why u are doing deep dives then u can say if there is a meaning for it or not, and as a plus think of more diving education u will get from it and how much confidence u will feel while diving shallower dives after a good technical training and theory, personally I see no harm for any one get more diving education and more water skills.

a small note: not all deep diving are Bouncing down a fixed line to go deep, some divers go with no line at all, and carrying all there tanks with them this is the art of tek diving and the art of the best plan concerning time and mixes and safety, so as u can see is that for stupid diver as some people think?.

wazza:
a small note: not all deep diving are Bouncing down a fixed line to go deep, some divers go with no line at all, and carrying all there tanks with them this is the art of tek diving and the art of the best plan concerning time and mixes and safety, so as u can see is that for stupid diver as some people think?.

I think your preaching to the choir here wazza. Michael is well aware of what technical diving entails, and just in case you haven't seen it yet here's the link to his website. http://www.ekpp.org/

Back
Top Bottom