Deep6 Excursion - Repetitive Dives, Surface Intervals, Residual Nitrogen and Dive Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That "principle" sounds like a sure way to be a follower rather than a leader.

You really should check with google, at least, before publicly commenting on things you're clueless about: it's embarrassing.

I'm sorry you are embarrassed.
He is not.

Surprises, especially following actions or in unusual circumstances and doubly so in unusual and potentially dangerous circumstances are a problem.

They lead to baffled users doing the wrong thing. Those users then feel like they are the problem when really it was an implementation done by idiots.

Every other computer I have met shows some sort of time to surface past NDL. That turns out to be shocking enough for many half trained divers.

What happens with this computer when you are at 40m and go over the NDL between counting to 3 minutes and reaching 5m?

What happens with this computer when you are at 40m and go over the NDL between counting to 3 minutes and reaching 5m?
It is continuing to track your dive and calculating your required stop depths and times. What do you think it is doing?

This isn't one of those early recreational computers that simply locked the display if you went into deco.

There was an earlier catch-all thread on this computer where someone took it into a pressure pot and ran a couple of simulated deco dives. They documented the whole thing with photos. This was very helpful information. Unfortunately the whole thread got removed because (IMO) Deep 6 had a hissy fit over a complete separate discussion on the same thread. It would be nice if the mods could bring back the deco run posts. I do stuff like this regularly on a different forum I administer. But we run phpbb, I've never worked with vBulletin so don't know how much trouble that would be.

Edit: @scubadada found the thread. See below.

I believe @rsingler took it on those dives...

Didn't realize it was gone. DANG!

Every other computer I have met shows some sort of time to surface past NDL. That turns out to be shocking enough for many half trained divers.

Haven't you heard? -- This one's "not designed for deco diving", ergo if you're past NDL you're outside of its design parameters and all bets are off.

@lowwall and @rhwestfall

The @rsingler pressure pot dive of the Excursion is still on SB Thoughts on Deep 6's new DC The thread was eventually closed, but not deleted. There is also a video of the deco sequence in the same thread, posted by Chris Richardson, in post #524
Thank you very much. I had searched the regulator and deep 6 forums for it without success. I didn't realize there was a closed threads forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom