Deep6 Excursion Hard Reset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpecialTest

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone know how to do this? Been roughly a year since I last dived. Pulled out my Excursion to charge it up for use this week, and as soon as the thing turns on it enters dive mode and says I'm 270ft deep and sinking, alarms going off. I discovered holding power and down will get it to turn off, but it does the same exact thing when you power it up again.

I already don't trust it for this week, but just hoping to do some troubleshooting.

Anyone know how to do this? Been roughly a year since I last dived. Pulled out my Excursion to charge it up for use this week, and as soon as the thing turns on it enters dive mode and says I'm 270ft deep and sinking, alarms going off. I discovered holding power and down will get it to turn off, but it does the same exact thing when you power it up again.

I already don't trust it for this week, but just hoping to do some troubleshooting.
@LandonL

Im wondering if the depth sensor may have salt in it. Crystallization due to extended time out of water could be a possibility? Try to give it a freshwater soak for a while, see if that fixes it. If not, send to us for service and we can take a look.

Im wondering if the depth sensor may have salt in it. Crystallization due to extended time out of water could be a possibility? Try to give it a freshwater soak for a while, see if that fixes it. If not, send to us for service and we can take a look.
I thought of that before going to bed. Even though it's only been in freshwater, that didn't work. I'm gonna let it soak while I'm at work too before I package it up and send it in. Gotta do anything specific before that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom