DEEP/SHALLOW MOLASSES REEF, report, wednesday, 12/14/16, pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Phil and Tim,

14 degrees in Philadelphia this morning, 87 sounds very good, I'll have to wait until the day after Christmas.

Wow, so many great photos, impossible to have a favorite, could barely make it a top 5. The shots of the Reef Shark are dazzling. I particularly like the Bluespotted Cornetfish, the Spotted Trunkfish, the pair of Spotfin Butterflyfish, and the Black Hamlet. Add the Whitespotted Filefish and you captured the spotted quartet :)

Happy Holidays, Craig

Thanks Phil and Tim,

14 degrees in Philadelphia this morning, 87 sounds very good, I'll have to wait until the day after Christmas.

Wow, so many great photos, impossible to have a favorite, could barely make it a top 5. The shots of the Reef Shark are dazzling. I particularly like the Bluespotted Cornetfish, the Spotted Trunkfish, the pair of Spotfin Butterflyfish, and the Black Hamlet. Add the Whitespotted Filefish and you captured the spotted quartet :)

Happy Holidays, Craig
Thank you Craig. Cornetfish was a difficult one. We were on the deep side of Molasses, at about 55 feet, on the way back, reefman spotted the cornetfish, so I watched for a minute, and went down to 75 feet to try to get in front of it (did not really want to do that so late in the dive profile), and got one chance for a shot. Cornetfish are uncommon, we see them maybe 2 or 3 times a year, always on the deep reef, and I usually do not get a shot. They are very shy.

Thank you Craig. Cornetfish was a difficult one. We were on the deep side of Molasses, at about 55 feet, on the way back, reefman spotted the cornetfish, so I watched for a minute, and went down to 75 feet to try to get in front of it (did not really want to do that so late in the dive profile), and got one chance for a shot. Cornetfish are uncommon, we see them maybe 2 or 3 times a year, always on the deep reef, and I usually do not get a shot. They are very shy.
Cornetfish are not uncommon on the Boynton Beach reef but are very skittish and dart very quickly, unlike their brass instrument brethren, Trumpetfish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom