Deep outdoors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is just another company that has come out with a BP/Wing configuration with some bells and whistles. If shops are glowing about the product, it may be that the company has some great introductory offers for the staff and/or first order(s).

Eric

The dive babe on their splash page has her hoses configured such that she'd have a hard time getting to her post knobs to manipulate them.

But I'm just a diver, not a marketing type, what do I know?

Roak

I'm curious - how can you take an already tried-and-proven design available now and inprove it?

Everyone that owns a Halcyon BC seems to love them, so why ANOTHER?

Sure don't appear to cost any less than Halcyon's do...

I saw the one with Oring the other day and was dumbfounded that the pull dump valve is located on the back of the wing, with the usual float ball to catch on things better. I guess they figured it was too easy to just locate it in a convenient spot.

This way when someone catches it on something, they are entangled, then they have buoyance issues due to the escaping gas, then they have to locate and hopefully stop the wing from deflating, which it is doing nicely thanks to those bungees, now in an even more negative position...sinking...

Maybe they figure tech divers are Ok with this after seeing some of the other configurations out there.

Tommy

Originally posted by Scuba446
I'm curious - how can you take an already tried-and-proven design available now and inprove it?
It's like those fancy newfangled fishing lures that sell by the truckload but don't catch a single fish - they catch fishermen because they look good :D

Must have been something wrong with my office ISP...works from home...

Anyway, my only thought is why? Why buy it? What makes their product any better than any other? Why are they making BCs anyway...because they are made out of the same basic materials as luggage? Just because you can make decent bags doesn't mean you can make the jump to life support equipment...it's called sticking to your core competencies...

Besides, Halcyon, Dive Rite, OMS, etc. all make gear based on years of experience in the diving industry and their gear is tested by divers and developed with divers either running the company or at least giving significant input into product design and testing.

Who the heck are Deep Outdoors?

I can't imaging jumping off the top deck of a boat in a full kit and doing a flip or two...I don't think I would ever try that unless a tank blew up or the boat was on fire.

Although... I might if I had the Deep Outdoors Matrix with the BASE jumping add-on module. Jump off cliff, throw chute, at 15' put in reg, submerge. Do they make fins that double as a snowboard too?

That ad leaves me thinking that I was right and they don't know much about diving...time will tell I suppose...

PS Rumor has it that that ad was created by shooting the pic of the diver seperate then 'dubbing' it to the sea picture...

Sales...Marketing...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom