Deep Into Deco Pre-order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As soon as they ask for stock (hopefully soon)! The publisher has stock but they have to place an order. We can't just send them some books.

You can still order. Your card won't be charged before they ship it.

---------- Post added April 26th, 2015 at 03:13 AM ----------

I'm not the publisher actually. The publisher is not out of stock, Amazon is. As soon as they ask for quantities, they'll have it in their warehouse.

---------- Post added April 26th, 2015 at 03:13 AM ----------

There's an electronic version; ePub not Kindly though. More info here: Best Publishing Company - eBook Deep Into Deco: The Diver's Decompression Textbook

---------- Post added April 26th, 2015 at 03:17 AM ----------

The book describes it from its early days all the way up till the divers' position in December 2013's poll.

What's the most recent study you used in formulating your deep stop section?

What's the most recent study you used in formulating your deep stop section?

Deep stops (from chapter 3):
Pyle R. The importance of deep safety stops: rethinking ascent patterns from decompression dives. DeepTech 1995; 5:64.

Marroni A, Bennett PB, Cronjé FJ, Cali-Corleo R, Germonpre P, Pieri M, Bonuccelli C, Balestra C. A deep stop during decompression from 82 fsw (25 msw) significantly reduces bubbles and fast tissue gas tensions. UHM 2004; 31(2).

Deep stops revisited (from chapter 8):
Vann RD, Mitchell SJ, Denoble PJ, Anthony TG, eds. Technical Diving Conference Proceedings; 2008 January 18-19. Durham, NC: Divers Alert Network; 2009.

Bennett PB, Wienke B, Mitchell S, eds. Decompression and the Deep Stop Workshop Proceedings; 2008 June 24-25; Salt Lake City, Utah. Durham, NC: Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society; 2008.

Note: NEDU’s original study (2008) was released to the public in July 2011. The poll I pointed to (asking whether the participants agree that this particular study makes sense) was conducted in December 2013.

Last edited:
Kindle. Not ePub, not pdf, Kindle, dot whatever, doesn't matter. If you don't take a computer on your travels you can still get it on the Amazon store as long as you have wifi and can connect with your Kindle. Otherwise you have to get it first on your computer, convert it (probably illegally), then put it on your Kindle.

Why you wouldn't publish on the most common e-reader marketplace on the planet I don't know, and as much as I would like to read your book, I WILL NOT buy it in any other form. I travel for a living and cannot afford the space a physical book takes up. I also don't want to have to deal with random file formats and having to convert it and potentially screw up formatting, etc. to the point where it's unreadable (yes, this happens sometimes when you convert e-book formats). Maybe I'm just one potential sale that isn't going to happen, but I doubt I'm the only one....

I started to buy the ePub version and the paper copy. But, the cheapest shipping is over $10. That puts the total over $50. I can buy the paper version from Amazon for $30, with free 2-day shipping, and get the ePub version from the Best site for $20. Except that the Best site doesn't accept PayPal, and I really don't care to give them my credit card info. The SSL cert for BestPub is from AlphaSSL, whom I've never heard of.

Now I'm kind of put off by the whole process. I prefer to read in the Kindle app on my tablet. But, I also like having the hard copy version of books like this. I think I'll wait and see if Amazon ends up getting a Kindle version of this at some point.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom