• 200fsw - 300fsw

Votes: 30 14.0%
  • 300fsw - 350fsw

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Deeper than 350fsw

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

most of my diving is in BC Canada, specificly Whyte Cliff park in Vancouver...some in Nanaimo

as we push 400 feet, some of the divers have said no deeper without a support team....i agree that is is solo diving wih a team mate, they are of little or no use on this type of diving, but fun in deco.

We usualy dive on a wall and spend deco along the wall so the dive never really ends until we exit the water.

I agree with the added Helium, i too once did not give much thought to the END. now i make it shallower the deeper or more complex the dive.

we have a great support system fordeepdiving because we do the diver support for the Canadian Freediving Team competetions we just need to adapt it to deep scuba diving which i personaly don't feelis needed until you are deeper than 500 feet

I miss the walls in your neck of the woods. There is some great deco to be done from 300 feet to the surface. I've had a pair of humpbacks swim by, a few huge skates bump into my HID, and tons of other great encounters while deco-ing in SE Alaska. We had a school of about 10000 dogfish come through and we had 30+ minutes in the water. They would only come within about 5 feet of us and they were small, but there were so damn many that I was nervous.
I am hoping to get up there and do some wreck diving soon. I was scheduled, but plans have a bad way of changing without any input from me.

Safe diving.
P.S. When are you coming down to do some cave stuff?

Divesherpa once bubbled...
I miss the walls in your neck of the woods. There is some great deco to be done from 300 feet to the surface. I've had a pair of humpbacks swim by, a few huge skates bump into my HID, and tons of other great encounters while deco-ing in SE Alaska. We had a school of about 10000 dogfish come through and we had 30+ minutes in the water. They would only come within about 5 feet of us and they were small, but there were so damn many that I was nervous.
I am hoping to get up there and do some wreck diving soon. I was scheduled, but plans have a bad way of changing without any input from me.

Safe diving.
P.S. When are you coming down to do some cave stuff?

I would love to get back down there and do some caves, I had a dream about it just last night.

Anytime you want to come to BC and dive some wrecks just let me know, there are some good artifical and real wrecks up here. plus the walls are amazing.

my current plans are taking me to Europe for a month [April], I am going to spend two weeks travling through France, and Italy with my soon to be wife. then a week of diving in England on some WWII wrecks, then it is off to Scapa Flow for 12 days of diving wrecks there.

when I get back I am going into dive training and travel full time, so I will be letting you know of some good tech diving trips here in BC and elsewere.

I am currently working on
1 - a five day five wreck dive trip in BC
2 - Emperess of Ireland
3 - Bikini Attoll

trymixdiver once bubbled...
i voted for 100fsw max

Trying to break old habits and adopt the DIR philosophy. I wont have trimix cert till the summer so 100' is it for me now.

Andy

You dont dive beyond 100FSW yet your training in Trimix?

Hmmm, most of my diving is done between 150FSW - 200FSW. But, in training for Normoxic Trimix and eventually Trimix to extend that to about 330FSW.

After that i personally think open ocean diving requires a surface support team or at least a tandum line!

Quest once bubbled...
Hmmm, most of my diving is done between 150FSW - 200FSW. But, in training for Normoxic Trimix and eventually Trimix to extend that to about 330FSW.

After that i personally think open ocean diving requires a surface support team or at least a tandum line!

So why do you need a support team bellow 330 andf not at 330 feet.

a few years ago...say 5....people were saying that i should have a support team for dives to 300 feet, now that everybody is doing them it is suddenly OK to go without surface support.

I personaly will take surface support when ever i can get it, but i do not "require" it until somewere around 450 on open circuit, mainly to handle the staged bottles.

So i am just wondering if it is our comfort level that has changed more than anything else in regards to surface support

AquaTec once bubbled...

So i am just wondering if it is our comfort level that has changed more than anything else in regards to surface support

I would say that comfort level has a lot to do with it. I hear a lot of people on here who feel that you need a support team for anything requiring more than two deco gases and 45 minutes of deco. If that were the case, I would never be able to dive.

let me know about the trips!! Also, I'm moving back to the Atlantic coast, so the free place to stay in cave country is gone unless my wife lets me buy that piece of land on the suwannee that I've been eyeing.

Cheers

There are some cheap spots on the Swannee, and most come with a trailer. I love Peacock Spring too.

were are you moving to on the East Coast, I would love to come out and do some good wreck diving there, but i don't know the dives to do....other than the Doria, which I am hoping to do this August.

My wife love New York for shopping etc, so we are planning a little get away there...she can shop and I will dive, and we will meet in the middle in the evenings. so I am looking for some good one day charter stuff, and a dive buddy.

back to deep diving, I agree if i listend to what people thought on this board I would not be diving either......that may have not sounded right...i mean with regards to their oppinion about what is deep and how to dive it.

i can't remember the last fun dive i have done that was less than 200 feet, except for the Peacock and Gennie last fall.

Most of the shallow wrecks have low vis. The water clears up further out and deeper. Bigger fish and bugs also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom