Deep Diving on Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So many reasons why Deep AIR will always be a way of diving.
I have no problem with deep air dive as long as it is a Technical dive ie. twin set with suitable TWO deco mixes etc. The max depth will be a gradual increase from day 1 onwards.
Deep air bounce dive(singel tank) is never an option.

Centrals;

How can it be called a Deep Air Dive if you end the dive with two deco mixes?

Did the OP ever type anything about single tank diving?

Do you really think the divers who are most at risk from Deep Air Diving are likely to read past "as long as it is a Technical dive"?

Did you read dumpsterDiver's last post in this thread?

halemanō;6091819:
Centrals;

How can it be called a Deep Air Dive if you end the dive with two deco mixes?

Did the OP ever type anything about single tank diving?

Do you really think the divers who are most at risk from Deep Air Diving are likely to read past "as long as it is a Technical dive"?

Did you read dumpsterDiver's last post in this thread?
I was responding to VGM not the OP.
As far as I am concerned Deep Air dive is a Technical dive. What is wrong with carrying two deco mixes?
Are you suggesting that Deep Air Dive means nothing but AIR. Deco on air is far too long.
If anyone who ONLY read part of a sentence and then drawn his own conclusion then.......
Dumpsterdiver's post is his OWN experience/opinion.

Deco on air is far too long.

My tank locker is two 120 cft's and a 30 cft. I currently have 32% in the pony, but my free fill situation is air; EANx costs $10. Is not 150 cf enough "air" for a <4 minute bottom time <50 m deep, when the last >20 minutes of the dive is <20 feet deep?

:idk:

This has to be one of the stupidest threads I have read. What is wrong with some of you all?

Opal is dead. This once vibrant young woman spent her last month on earth blinking at people in an attempt to communicate.

Gabi is paralyzed from the chest down and can not go to the bathroom without help.

Heath can walk but is in constant pain where it feels like his skin is on fire.

All because they thought diving deep on a single tank was cool? How stupid is that? Talk about your Darwin award winners......

This has to be one of the stupidest threads I have read. What is wrong with some of you all?

Opal is dead. This once vibrant young woman spent her last month on earth blinking at people in an attempt to communicate.

Gabi is paralyzed from the chest down and can not go to the bathroom without help.

Heath can walk but is in constant pain where it feels like his skin is on fire.

All because they thought diving deep on a single tank was cool? How stupid is that? Talk about your Darwin award winners......

We have agreed on many things Ron, whether or not anybody wants to hear or believe that, but on this thread I guess we are not in agreement. AFAICT, there are very few on topic replies in this thread typing about "diving deep on a single tank." At depths mostly below 1.6 PPO2.

haleman&#333;;6091714:
Well, the Apollo AV-1 brochure lists the recommended max depth as 165 feet. :idk:

Andy likely does not now mount pony's like he did on his first mounting, over 10 years ago; my pony mounting looks like this...

[c]
P10100802.jpg
[/c]

:shocked2:

There are better ways to rig a pony, but that should work fine. Once i got some LP steels I realized how bad those 3300 psi 100 aluminums suck...:D

Those scooters can go deeper than 165, but I don't like pushing it. They WILL take off when they get some seawater in the nose.

There are better ways to rig a pony, but that should work fine. Once i got some LP steels I realized how bad those 3300 psi 100 aluminums suck...:D

That is a rental 100, before I purchased HP 120's. That AL 100 may have sucked but it sucked "more" than an AL 80 sucked.

:eyebrow:

The OP never indicates he was using doubles or even a pony. I made the assumption he is doing this dive on a single tank without anything but a buddy also on a single. Most Tech divers make a strong point on explaining what they are diving, and tank sizes/configuration, gas mixes, stops, deco obligations, etc.. The Op did none of that. As the Op does not say I am making an assumption, as is everyone.

Seems to me one tragic stupid dive lead to these discussions.....you think I am incorrect?

yep that about warps it up....:shakehead:

Why would anyone want to risk it all on something like this? Their is no gain. I love deep diving and I enjoy the history of tec but come on this just silly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom