Deep Diver manual or elearning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I wish other agencies would offer this course and use it as the minimum standard for instructors and other "pros".

NAUI's "Intro to Tech." course is pretty similar and is very demanding to say the least.

So it is a round about way to get around recreational diving rules of no exceeding NDL and no deco. by adding "tec" prefix to the course's name. How "PADI" of them.

It is a "limited, entry-level technical diving program that bridges the gap between recreational diving and full technical deep decompression diving". I know SSI and IANTD have a similar courses that allow a single cylinder configuration to be used.

I have yet to have a student take the course without a technical kit configuration, but it is allowed.

how "PADI" of them.

I know that's a cheap shot, and demonstrates why you are missing my point. This is a good thing that PADI (and any other agency doing the same) is doing. The single tank with a pony configuration allows divers to be in a recreational confirmation learn a little bit about deco in a supervised scenario. Students can take the lessons of safety, improved situational awareness. If they decide to get into technical diving, they know to get an appropriate technical diving configuration and continue taking more courses. If they decide to remain in a recreational configuration, that's perfectly fine. If they ever exceed their NDL, they understand what their dive computer is telling them and won't lose their kaka.

NAUI's "Intro to Tech." course is pretty similar and is very demanding to say the least.
Why do we not see more people promoting this course?

Is NAUI America only? Not really heard of them in the context of Europe.

Why do we not see more people promoting this course?

Is NAUI America only? Not really heard of them in the context of Europe.

Because NAUI isn't good at marketing and this is a big problem in some instances.

NAUI is worldwide and has strong presence in most of Europe. It is actually the second or third largest training agency in the world after PADI and possibly SSI. Some of the top instructors in Europe in Mine, Cave and technical diving are NAUI instructors.

Because NAUI isn't good at marketing and this is a big problem in some instances.

NAUI is worldwide and has strong presence in most of Europe. It is actually the second or third largest training agency in the world after PADI and possibly SSI. Some of the top instructors in Europe in Mine, Cave and technical diving are NAUI instructors.

Their website's rather naff. In fact it's terrible; created by the same people as PADI. No information just bland marketing crap and stupid photos -- typical corporate bollox beloved by pointy-haired bosses the world over; but in this case totally US focussed. Going by that experience, I wouldn't expect much from their actual products.

Anyway, I've just about heard of them before but never seen them around the UK or the resorts. Certainly, in the context of technical training TDI and IANTD dominate over here, with a side order of GUE and CDG for caves (Cave Diving Group).

Their website's rather naff. In fact it's terrible; created by the same people as PADI. No information just bland marketing crap and stupid photos -- typical corporate bollox beloved by pointy-haired bosses the world over; but in this case totally US focussed. Going by that experience, I wouldn't expect much from their actual products.

What an ignorant statement to make. You couldn't find anything of value to say so you puke on your keyboard instead.

it depends on the person and where they at - if you feel you need a progressive step to further your skills then fine do the deep course if not find a course that will suit your aptitude/skill level. post #32 by @wetb4igetinthewater cover those skills

if I recollect the main thing about a deep course is doing the math quiz so i would appreciate narcosis and colour changes. Honestly I thought it was a waste of time

can you go to straight to AN/ deco procedures without the deep course ?

What an ignorant statement to make. You couldn't find anything of value to say so you puke on your keyboard instead.
You're talking about your post which contains nothing of value except some insults.

I at least bothered to write about the awful NAUI website.

Back
Top Bottom