Deep Blue Utila News on Wilma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See Wilma from Roatan. DAY TIME web cams

Dock Cam: Looking NORTH towards hill that runs the length of Roatan

Beach Cam: See the effects of low pressure on the ocean... very high tides!

http://www.cocoviewresort.com/webcams.html

More News

Wilma is now just starting to pass luckily it is a fair way north of us, we have a bit of wind and seas are rough but all should be back to normal in a few days, we have been very lucky that Wilma turned north and we have escaped this one so far.

Thanks for everyones good wishes, we have had so many emails from past guests and friends

Hi Again

4.15 pm Thursday 20th It looks like the seas are just starting to go down and the winds are starting to drop a little, as I said before we have been lucky as Wilma turned north we have no damage on the Island and we really only have had 1 day of bad weather.

Thanks for the continuing reports. So glad that thing didn't so any damage. Now let's shift our prayers and good wishes to Cozumel and Florida...and all points inbetween!

Hi Dee

I agree, it looks like Coz might take a near direct hit sometime tommorow, all we can do is wish everyone good luck and hope wilma turns a little.

It would be good if this one just stayed in the ocean and did not hit any land, I think we have had enough this year.

Dee have a great stay at CoCo view, I know you will. Great place

Update Friday 9am

Weather settling down seas getting calmer wind dying down, I have been into town no real damage we were very lucky that the hurricane stayed so far away, I think it will be back to diving and everything will be normal this weekend.

Is there anyone around in Cozumel or Cancun what is happening there we are being told you have a direct hit. Keep your heads down and we wish everyone the best of luck.

hi all, Marc here from Deep Blue. Just a quick update.....

We got some wind and waves, everyone seems to have weathered it okay. For those who have been here, Coco Loco is pretty heavily damaged, a large part of it gone. Did not affect our dock tho, Coco Loco took the brunt of it. I heard Altons dock had some minor damage, I saw a ten foot section of Paradises dock go, and Underwater Vision apparently lost their dock too. No injuries that I have heard of.

All in all, the island escaped pretty much unscathed.

Hate to hear about the Coco Loco.....some will sure be sad....but glad that Deep Blue dock held up. Sure am glad the storm passed by you guys! Say hello to Shirley, Steve & Jas.

LaCuda:
Hate to hear about the Coco Loco.....some will sure be sad....but glad that Deep Blue dock held up. Sure am glad the storm passed by you guys! Say hello to Shirley, Steve & Jas.

What about the Tranquila??

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom