Deep Blue Utila News on Wilma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBlueResort

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
It looks like you may avoid this one, but Coz may be in for it. Perhaps even moreso, the south FL area.

ps - I saw that a group from England is heading there next year and I am thinking of joining up with that group. Tell Jasmine and Shirley hello for me. Best wishes.

DSDO

DeepBlueDivers:
Hi All

Just to let everone know that it is 11am here on Utila, Wednesday 19th, Wilma is not having much effect on us at the moment, we have a little wind, a little rain, the sea it not that rough at the moment and we hope it stays that way.

Have a look at these links

http://www.wunderground.com/global/Region/g3/2xpxIRSatellite.html

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200524.html

At the moment they are listing it as Cat 5 175mph sustained winds and 215mph gusts

That's good to hear. We're headed to Roatan on Sat.

Steve, I am so glad yall are ok. Hopefully you won't get any worse effects from Wilma. Living in Louisiana, I am VERY glad they don't predict it to come this way, but I hate to see it go to Florida also. Our prayers are with everyone in Wilma's path.

Please tell Jasmine, Shirley, Swen, Noa and Tex hello for me also. I guess Shawna has gone back to her home..
Kathy

With more luck than I think is possible, it blows into the Gulf, and downgrades to a Tropical storm, and fizzles out!! :D

Unfortunately I seriously doubt that will happen :crying:

I hope that everyone in it's predicted path is taking WISE and SAFE precautions.

It never fails to amaze me especially in the wake of such Hurricane disaster as we have experienced in the past couple years, that people still refuse to leave their homes.

Hi All

Well I have just look again it has gone slightly more north and wind speed has dropped to 165mph....mind you if you get hit by a hurricane that has that has that wind power I do not think the 165mph or 175mph makes much difference.

We'll be back, just not sure when. Probably a year or so.

That's the best trip I've ever been on. Had a lot to do with the hosts and the company. What a great group of people! I can't imagine never seeing the group again.

How is everyone there?

You gonna do another singles (or not single) SB trip?

Back
Top Bottom