Deep and low light > what action cam and setup do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always wondered.
How infrared security cameras would work in dark water, I know it's not good quality, but that could be changed,

Any one know the answer or has done it?

Paralenz on narrow + wide torch.

It folds neatly back over the torch with the lens tucked up against the Goodman handle. This is easily repositioned into the ready to film position.

Obviously this isn't optimal for filming, especially with sediment; for that you need a tray and two lights out to the side.

Paralenz on torch 1.jpg

Paralenz on torch 2.jpg

I value utility over picture quality as well ; but if the paralenz isn't reliable then my choice is made.
@Wibble @happy-diver Do you use the last version of the paralenz or an earlier one?
Mine's about 3 years old.

To be blunt, filming's very much a secondary task for me. I ought to spend a bit of effort learning to use the thing, but seriously CBA. I mainly take it to get happy snaps which, apart from the couple of cockups above, it works OK.

As others pointed out you need a third party housing to go that deep, and as far as the image is concerned you need a pair of video lights, which implies a tray for your camera. Given those a GoPro should provide good video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom