deep air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mmmm... Not to butt in here (I'm not a technical diver, although I do do deep air to 150 or so), but you DO realize that's at PP02 of about 1.8, don't you? Narcosis isn't the only issue to consider.

I'm not about to do a dive on air past 250'. Why? It's not because someone has told me that I'm going to die; it's because at that depth I personally start to experience directional loss. I aborted the dive. That's my personal line-in-the-sand that I wont go beyond on open-circuit air. There are others on SB that dive air much deeper. For me this would be irresponsible.

Thanks for all the reply to this thread and in depth knowedge that has been shared. Both sides of the debate I accept is right . I would like to clarify my first post of taking classes on deep air to 180 ft. before stepping into tri mix are valid . My intention is not to be a deep air diver, but have the ability to handle limited cognitive functions with deep air . I think having the perfect mixture of breathing gas is prudent but also can give one a false sense of security for the recreational technical diver. Say you are cruising on your scooter 243 ft. Matterhorn sea mount clear headed then you see from the side a 12 foot mako shark that has been following you. The adraline rush you receive will make impaired on air a joke. Yes I would use mix when trained at moderate depths but want the edge when **** hits the fan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom