Wanted Deep 6 thick boots size 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let us know if you do manage to get some. FYI it seems that sea doo also offered the same boot (also discontinued, I couldn't find a 12 either), but a different colour scheme

Will do. @tkdcol, were you planning on wearing these wet or dry? I’m running fusion boots on my fusion, but would like something tougher than my dinky wetsuit booties that hurt my baby feet if I walk over gravel lol. I wear heavy loggers in the winter and Chaccos in the summer. Would like to dive with something with a robust sole as well.

Was thinking that these could be a contender as well if deep6 falls through on us. What options are you looking at? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045UEHN2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_UJ37Fb7RYXDNH

Will do. @tkdcol, were you planning on wearing these wet or dry? I’m running fusion boots on my fusion, but would like something tougher than my dinky wetsuit booties that hurt my baby feet if I walk over gravel lol. I wear heavy loggers in the winter and Chaccos in the summer. Would like to dive with something with a robust sole as well.

Was thinking that these could be a contender as well if deep6 falls through on us. What options are you looking at? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045UEHN2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_UJ37Fb7RYXDNH
For wet diving. I considered the ones you linked, but it seemed like the deep6 ones offered more foot support. I'll probably just stick with the 13s I got, if some 12s don't become available. They generally work ok; they're a little too long, but I haven't noticed a massive problem yet.

I got washed down some rapids whilst wearing them and managed to get some severe bruising to my legs, but my feet were fine. Some I'm definitely satisfied with the protection level

Oh I'd argue that lol. But I am a fan of the color orange.

Interested in your experience once you've had a chance to dive them. My drysuits have attached boots, but I might pick up a pair of these for wet suit use.

Well it turns out they did have 12s, I've dived them a couple of times now (wet). They work great; comfortable to swim and walk in (I also use them for river sports, reasonable grip on slippery surfaces). On one dive a fin did come off (they don't have any bumb to retain the strap), but I'm not really convinced that's anything to do with the shoe design (I had it happened with a boot that had a bump too). I dived a lake at 2800masl at 12°C and in the Pacific 8°C at 33m, the insulation was fine for those conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom