Deep 6 Signature Mask Impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of us are familiar with the Hollis M1. Here are some side by side pics.

View attachment 628249

now the M1 looks bigger but that’s because it is farther away and the wide angle on my camera phone. As shown in the next picture the width is the same.
View attachment 628250

The M1 is slightly taller. The skirt of the Deep 6 feels softer so I am not sure if that cancels out that it is wider as shown below (M1 on the bottom, Deep 6 on top)
View attachment 628251

The masks are fairly equivalent in my opinion. I’ve only put in a few dives, but my Deep 6 will be my primary mask, and M1 my backup.

IMHO the M1 has the stiffest, most uncomfortable skirt of the many frameless masks I’ve used so anything will seem softer by comparison. By contrast the DGX mask is my favorite so far.

I think one of my challenges of having a dive op is having enough masks to fit pretty much everyone. Fortunately masks are not expensive. Deep 6 and DGX each will be in the mix. I'll have to look at others though for different shaped faces.

Not wanting to Derail this thread, I've created a new one about my preferred mask and why It might be worth a read

Also @Manatee Diver might be interested since he's suffering from leaking masks

If you're having mask leak problems, before you decide it's no good for you, play with your mask strap positioning too.

The silicone mask straps can be tricky to get positioned properly. I swear by the neoprene mask covers. Makes a huge difference for me, especially since I always wear a hood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom