Deep 6 excursion versus Atmos Mission One.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that no question, the Atmos Mission One has more features, at a good bit higher price point than the Excursion. I would not consider them as competing in the same playing field.

Oh, BTW, the Excursion is in the hands of the folks at subsuface and no, I don't have an ETA on when it will be officially supported, totally out of our hands.

I put mine at the bottom of my 6' deep pool. Turns on fine. I went under and picked it up twice... 81F is the same as my pool thermometer.
That nice wish mine would, sometimes it does turn on sometimes (mostly) it doesn't. I have an 8ft pool that I use almost daily and I also use a 13ft pool. When it does turn on in the pool the depth is never accurate, but as I said the deeper it goes the more accurate it gets. So it seems that your mileage may vary.

I also did temperature tests and the atmos was always the least accurate but id rather have accurate depth. It did seem most accurate when it wasn't on my arm.

Took mission one and cressi giotto on several dives over last few days. Wide range of depths, the atmos was 1 foot shallower (cressi was in my thigh pocket).

Attachments

• 20200725_081148.jpg
    20200725_081148.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 20200725_080803.jpg
    20200725_080803.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 127
  • 20200725_081104.jpg
    20200725_081104.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 126
Either there is a small issue with calibration or trim :wink:

I would be curious if the results were similar with both computers set to metric measurements.

Took mission one and cressi giotto on several dives over last few days. Wide range of depths, the atmos was 1 foot shallower (cressi was in my thigh pocket).
Sure wish mine was this accurate!
Maybe I should send mine back.

Sure wish mine was this accurate!
Maybe I should send mine back.

Have you tried getting support from Atmos (or your original dealer) on this? How they handle issues is (to me, anyway) also very important in a purchase decision.

Have you tried getting support from Atmos (or your original dealer) on this? How they handle issues is (to me, anyway) also very important in a purchase decision.

I emailed them about an issue with setting the time. They responded quickly and told me they would be patching it in a firmware update. They also emailed me again when firmware update was ready. Pretty good support IMO.

I have contacted Atmos and so far nothing and have raised this specific issue since purchase.

I am going to send it back to Divers Supply this week. Hopefully they will find and correct the issue or replace it. I have just been relying on my MK1 or my Excursion when I was diving with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom