Dedicated to the beautiful women of SB.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's pretty awsome! Thanks

Thanks, that poem is amazing, have you ever thought about going published?

mempilot:
Thanks Miss Orchid. :wink: I started writing The Tales of an Adventurer a few months back. It's an autobiography of sorts chronically my adventures in life. I started out as a child afraid of his own shadow. As I grew up, I realized that being afraid of life is no fun. The major turning point in my life was a plane crash I was in back in June of 2000. I was a passenger in a small plane that went down shortly after takeoff. I awoke in a field of freshly round bailed hay, lying 30 feet from the crumpled airlplane. I was laying on my back, looking up into the most beautiful blue sky. I had no idea what had just happened. Then out of nowhere, this big black aircraft flew low over the field. I thought it was coming to take me away. Then as it passed, I snapped to and minutes later, fire rescue arrived. For that short moment while I lay in that field, I knew my life had changed - no more holding back, no making excuses for why it can't be done, no putting it off for another day. I was given a second chance, and I knew it would be spent enjoying the wonders that God created. The vast ocean, the majestic land, and the wonderous sky. I seized life and began a quest to really define the word 'live' as it means to me today.

I started tech diving shortly after, as my fascination with the shipwrecks lying at the bottom of the ocean has peaked over the last couple of years. I would like to see the Andria Doria, and she is what I train for. I have conquered the sky, and use her as an asset in my other endevours. One of the most beautiful and powerful things on the planet is the power of the storms. Flying close to a towering storm as the sun sets behind it is incredible. Too close, and she'll tear you up and spit you out. Too far away, and you can't enjoy the beauty of it all.

My next quest is terrestrial: Mt. Kilimonjaro in Tanzania, Africa and the Serengeti. The hike up the dormant volcanic mountain takes you through jungle, tundra, desert, snow, and glacier. The diversity of life and complexity of this mountain are an experience no one should miss. The glaziers are melting rapidly, so my goal to see her will happen shortly after my dive on the Doria. The Serengeti is the true picture of "The Circle of Life". To sit on a grassy noll and observe nature in this place seems so fitting.

Anyway, I'm glad you like the poem. I'll send you some more of the tale as it is finished. It's unedited and I hope that someday my parents and friends will read it and finally understand what drives me to do the things I do.

BTW, since you're in Lee's Summit, you'll know about the big black planes. We crashed about 10 miles south of Whiteman AFB and the B2 was returning to land. I actually thought in my daze that it was 'death' coming to get me! Silly hallucinations!

I have just read this, and The Adventurer, and no you are not marrying whatername with the hiney and the uvula, you are marrying ME, right now. Just a minute while I get my shoes . . .

Man, I thought my friend was the best author ever and you surpassed him by FAR. If only every guy in the world was like you, if only.....

What an amazing day on the board. What men will resort to right before college football season and out of the water. Great job mempilot. I'm going to watch a little Spike TV now.........

Did you say that MS was unedited, Mempilot? I would love to edit it for you. We could make beautiful literature together. :wink:

Mempilot, you are destroying the image that diving is macho, and that all male divers are therefore by default macho. If women start to think that us guys have feelings, we will have to start to watch daytime soap operas, like kittens and care what they wear. Sheees, what next? More cuddle time after ***?

You girls are great! I'm glad you enjoy my writing. I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, so my unedited writings tend to have a lot of misspelling and ramble.

Nehallenia,

I'm not taken. LOL But, I'm also not the kind of guy most women want. Gone too much and all. My relationships don't usually last more than three months or so. The ex-wife and I lasted 7 years, but that's because we cohabitated for 6 years and 9 months!

I'll publish some more on the board in the next couple of months or so.

Eric

scuba_chick55:
Man, I thought my friend was the best author ever and you surpassed him by FAR. If only every guy in the world was like you, if only.....
Thank you! That's very nice. I can only write when something really moves me, so it's not all that often that I sit and put the thoughts down. It is happening more and more lately though. Maybe I'll write a poem about the women of SB.

cancun mark:
If women start to think that us guys have feelings, we will have to start to watch daytime soap operas, like kittens and care what they wear.

ah... well...

what if i REALLY like kittens already?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom