Decompression algorithms for recreational diving

Are you able to name the decompression algorithm used on your computer for recreational diving?

• Yes

Votes: 102 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. Does it matter?

It's much more important that you follow your algorithm - which is where rec divers tend to struggle or fail outright - than knowing what exact algorithm it is.

While I think this is a great poll because it will make people think, I can’t help but wonder how many incorrect yes votes you’ll receive. And, though I hope not, one of those could be mine.
Geo 2 as a primary-PZ+ (Buhlmann ZHL-16C) and DSAT
i300 as a backup-PZ+

While I think this is a great poll because it will make people think, I can’t help but wonder how many incorrect yes votes you’ll receive. And, though I hope not, one of those could be mine.
Geo 2 as a primary-PZ+ (Buhlmann ZHL-16C)

I don't think it is correct to say that PZ+ is Buhlmann ZHL-16C. I think it may be correct to say that PZ+ is BASED ON Buhlmann ZHL-16C, which is not the same statement at all.

However, as PZ+ is proprietary, there is probably nobody here who can say definitively either way. It's a black box with a sticker on the outside that says "PZ+".

After years of being on charters, and seeing it on 1 out of every 3, you should start a new poll.

"Can you set your nitrox mix on your computer without asking for others help?

After years of being on charters, and seeing it on 1 out of every 3, you should start a new poll.

"Can you set your nitrox mix on your computer without asking for others help?
I've told this story before. I've been asked several times by divers why their computer does not seem to be working correctly. When I tell them that it is in violation gauge mode, they look at me like I'm an alien. The truth is out there

However, as PZ+ is proprietary, there is probably nobody here who can say definitively either way. It's a black box with a sticker on the outside that says "PZ+".

A general PZ+ question if anyone knows. Are all Z+ the same? (or is there capacity for the manufacturer or programmers to adjust it further)?
And can I confirm PZ+ = Z+?

Bühlmann ZHL-16C GF 40/85

(Shearwater rec mode medium conservatism)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom