Deco Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BIGJC

Reaction score
Best tank for O2 in the ocean... I use and Aluminum 40..... I'm thinking about switching to the OMS 50... any advice here??

Why not stick with the Al40 ?

your only talking 10 cu ft diff. Not to mention the OMS 50 is a steel tank.

if your just using it for deco i think you have the right tank already, the Al 40.

Andy

What type of diving are you planning on do (ie. typical profiles)? Regardless, I wouldn't go with a steel deco or stage bottle. That AL40 of O2 should do you fine if you run a decent plan. Are you using 50/50 (or can you get it)?

Mike

In fact i was using the OMS 45's for my deco mixes. I have converted one for argon to pre purge my suit before the dive. The other one i left as an O2 bottle that i can hang off the boat for extra safety.

I will be getting 2 AL 40 to use as my deco bottles. I am curious as to why you want to switch from Al to Steel.

Andy

I usually get out with 1000-1500 psi in those OMS45's anyway, no need for a 50 cuft steel tank, this is part of my reasoning for the switch to Al40's. That and the bouyancy characteristics of the AL over the Steel.

not yet because:

1. they just got hydros and hes not done sevicing my valves

I dont have it back yet, hes still working on it. I know i have to mark it, but whats the best method, just 3" ARGON letters ?

Andy

Originally posted by trymixdiver
I know i have to mark it, but whats the best method, just 3" ARGON letters ?

Andy

I ordered some *official* IANTD argon labels from the local LDS (they gotta see my face once in a while)

But I still haven't put them on cause the labels I made with duct tape look so purdy.:wink:

I would go with the AL 40. Better trim in the water and a slightly smaller profile. If you have the 50, use it for Argon. They make great pre dive flush bottles.

Eric

I use an AL 80 or 63 for O2. More O2 tan I need for one or even two dives (ok maybe 4) but thats what I had and it works well. I use the same for 50%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom