Question Deco planer on Eon core

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

Sean1980

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi just after some help
Is it possible to plan deco dives on suunto eon core

I am looking to plan a dive
45m on 25% then switch to 50%

If so how and where can I find the plan details
Ie depth and time of stops

Thank you

What happens when you enter the gases you want to use and then try to plan the dive using the computer's planing feature? Their documentation talks about using it to plan NDL times but I don't see any mention of using it to plan deco dives. OTOH, you could just use the Eon in gauge mode in conjunction with MultiDeco or some other planning software and avoid their proprietary algorithm altogether.

IIRC There is a Deco planner app available on Windows and Mac desktops only called the Suunto DM5. For the DC try this

EON CORE Manual

My wife and I had the Suunto Eon Cores. First dive, the damn thing wouldn't read her tank and my stopped halfway through a check out dive! At 75ft! Got rid of it and went to a Garmin MK2i Descent. Not exactly on subject but I'm not a fan of Suunto.

As above the planner can only be used for NDL dives. To plan dives you need to use the Suunto DM5 planning software (download from suunto.com). You can after planning then upload the plan into the computer. I dont know just how it works as I never do that. My deco dives are planned on DM5 and noted down only. I use Eon Steel Black with Gradient Factor algorithm which is not available for Eon Core. The Core uses "Suunto Fused RGBM". At the top right on the planner there is a dropdown list of available algorithms, so in your case it is important to select Fused RGBM. Be careful to select all the correct parameters as well such as sac rates, tank reserve pressures, sizes, pressures etc so your plan will show gas consumption against time to indicate you if can perform the dive within your parameters. I would also download the manual as there are good explanations of deco windows and either a stepped traditional deco profile, or a continuous deco profile, ascent rates and penalties for ascending at more than 10m/sec for more than 5 seconds ( adds extra stop time).
Hope this helps and happy diving.

...I would also download the manual as there are good explanations of deco windows and either a stepped traditional deco profile, or a continuous deco profile, ascent rates and penalties for ascending at more than 10m/sec for more than 5 seconds ( adds extra stop time)...
That would be a quick ascent :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom