Deco plan nothing matches. VR3? V-Planner? Tables?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I am going to have to. What I think I will do is to create a dive table from the output of the VR3 in 10' / 5 minute increments and then laminate it. Sooner or later I will get the VPM-B/E upgrade, but right now it isnt worth it since I am limited to 180' on air. When I do a trimix class (maybe next summer) I will upgrade... maybe... LOL. When I complete the Dive Table, I will offer it for download if anyone wants it.

Carl the Cat

carlthecat:
I think I am going to have to. What I think I will do is to create a dive table from the output of the VR3 in 10' / 5 minute increments and then laminate it.

This is roughly what I did. I ran profiles using air and ean50 from 30-70m depths and 10-60min BT's using 5m and 5min increments, and then wrote down the total required deco time into a table which is in my wetnotes. I use pretty much the same shape curve for all my current dives, so I can come up with an appropriate deco schedule in my head by just looking at how much deco time I require from the wetnotes. I also use them on the surface for quick reference, though I still run the software. Also, I have a backup bottom timer (though it's just a timex helix dive watch) in case my primary craps out.

Um Carl The Cat,
Who did you do a deep air,Adv Nitrox, And Deco class with I would like to make sure I sent no one to them!
Not to no-ck you but as asked before and I am sure most of the Technical divers can ferret out a rat that thinks he can deco dive with a v-planer or navy dive table with without proper training and classes!
You would not of even posted that question if you had advanced training, now I am not saying you may of read some stuff but when you say you dive your computer I am sure that raises lots of eyebrows among the folks that do deep dive and do deco,
That said a navy dive table is used by some folks as a bail out or skipped stop,there are other planers that offer all sorts of stops and times and best mixes for the dive as said prior it ain't no guarantee you will not get bent.
That said Carl Bottom Timers -2- or more as computers cant work the maze of stops/Gas switches had on deep dives.
I am sure a few folks at the www.Deco stop can answer all your micro bubble and computer questions and different table plans I look forward to see you ask!
Brad

Why is asking a question in an attempt to try to get the VR3 to match the output of a table or computer program such taboo? Are you people reading the question or are you skimming and jumping on me and accusing me of being a so called

moneysavr:
rat that thinks he can deco dive with a v-planer or navy dive table without proper training and classes!

and then

moneysavr:
Who did you do a deep air,Adv Nitrox, And Deco class with I would like to make sure I sent no one to them!

that is just plain rude, and then

moneysavr:
You would not of even posted that question if you had advanced training, now I am not saying you may of read some stuff but when you say you dive your computer I am sure that raises lots of eyebrows among the folks that do deep dive and do deco,

Really? Who in their right mind is going to have a VR3 on their arm and tables in their pocket and dive the tables unless there was a problem with their computer? I am willing to bet that every advanced diver with a VR3 or similar computer dives their computer and uses tables / dive plan with some sort of timing and depth device as backup... just like me. Dive my computer = follow my computer. Am I really off the mark here?

moneysavr:
I am sure a few folks at the DecoStop can answer all your micro bubble and computer questions and different table plans I look forward to see you ask!

I tell you what. I will search at theDecoStop first and if I dont find any relevant information, I will ask the board (sure dont want to get flamed for not searching after this s-h-i-t thread). I look forward to their answers. For your entertainment, I will post as yours truly (carlthecat).

It seems like a lot of tech divers dont take the time to read the full thread, which isnt smart since that means their personalities like to cut corners and that can kill you under water. After not reading the thread in its entirety they like to jump on people and tell them that they arent trained and their trainer sucked and if I trained you blah blah blah. Is this an attempt to make them feel superior? It is a sad state of affairs for the tech diving community if this is the case. I am willing to put my dive skills and knowledge up against any mid-level advanced diver.

BTW: Thanks floater. You get an "A" for reading the thread and answering intelligently.

carlthecat:
Why is asking a question in an attempt to try to get the VR3 to match the output of a table or computer program such taboo? Are you people reading the question or are you skimming and jumping on me and accusing me of being a so called

and then

that is just plain rude, and then

Really? Who in their right mind is going to have a VR3 on their arm and tables in their pocket and dive the tables unless there was a problem with their computer? I am willing to bet that every advanced diver with a VR3 or similar computer dives their computer and uses tables / dive plan with some sort of timing and depth device as backup... just like me. Dive my computer = follow my computer. Am I really off the mark here?

I tell you what. I will search at theDecoStop first and if I dont find any relevant information, I will ask the board (sure dont want to get flamed for not searching after this s-h-i-t thread). I look forward to their answers. For your entertainment, I will post as yours truly (carlthecat).

It seems like a lot of tech divers dont take the time to read the full thread, which isnt smart since that means their personalities like to cut corners and that can kill you under water. After not reading the thread in its entirety they like to jump on people and tell them that they arent trained and their trainer sucked and if I trained you blah blah blah. Is this an attempt to make them feel superior? It is a sad state of affairs for the tech diving community if this is the case. I am willing to put my dive skills and knowledge up against any mid-level advanced diver.

BTW: Thanks floater. You get an "A" for reading the thread and answering intelligently.

Hey Carl, welcome to the Board where NO question receives a straightforward answer.

EDIT:
Actually I was in a foul mood when I posted that !!! And also it was meant more or less as a joke.
I have learnt so much on this Board that I did not learn either during diving lessons or from fellow divers.
It is a pity that there are a few people who love to only criticize and post snide, sarcastic or cryptic posts that really make you regret having asked a question.

ramsabi:
Hey Carl, welcome to the Board where NO question receives a straightforward answer.

LOL!!! Thanks ramsabi. That made me laugh. :068:

The "not recieving a straight answer" is pretty much par for the course on any board (to some extent) I just think it´s sad to see people jumping on someone for asking a question...that is what the board is here for..."there are no stupid questions only ...."

mattroz:
why don't you sell that expensive computer and buy a bottom timer. then make your plan on V-planner and follow your plan?

what am i missing here?

No WAY man! Those Uwatec bottom timers don't have color screens and video games!

carlthecat:
Really? Who in their right mind is going to have a VR3 on their arm and tables in their pocket and dive the tables unless there was a problem with their computer?

EXACTLY!

No VR3 for me...

Guy Wittig, who made the great "Mixer" program for gas blending on a PDA just released an open source gradient factor deco program here http://www.wittig.net.au/diving/mvplan.html
I have used the blending program for years and it's solid. I expect this will be a hit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom