Deco plan nothing matches. VR3? V-Planner? Tables?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plain and simple: stick with a desk top deco planner---cut tables---bottom timer or computer in GAGE mode,,,you won't miss.

You can run your plan on your VR3 and then tweak your v-planner schedule to match it by inserting stops manually so you can print from it.

I love to used GAP or Decoplanner Buhlmann as my backup plan.

Let me expand on my original post.
First of all, folks have made many more successful dives using the Navy Tables than any of the modern algorithms - me included - so even with their theoretical shortcomings, they work.
The VR3 generates schedules that work.
V-Planner generates schedules that work.
If you want to use the VR3 as your dive computer then the VR3's plan is the obvious choice for cutting your backup schedules.
Write 'em down.
Write down the schedule for deeper & longer, shorter and shallower.
When I'm doing any multi-stop deco planning I have several pages of hand-written schedules in my wetnotes with the plans that bracket my intended depth and time (with the exception that I do not plan "deeper" if I'm diving where there is no "deeper," like many sites in the Gulf). Those schedules include contingencies for lost gas.
I sense some apparent reluctance from you to writing down five or six schedules and carrying those along; my advice: do it anyway.
FWIW, during ascent I have the written schedule there in front of me along with the computer, and follow the more conservative guidance unless the computer gets unreasonable.
Rick

I did the same way...You are good :D
Rick Murchison:
If you want to use the VR3 as your dive computer then the VR3's plan is the obvious choice for cutting your backup schedules.
Write 'em down.
Write down the schedule for deeper & longer, shorter and shallower.
When I'm doing any multi-stop deco planning I have several pages of hand-written schedules in my wetnotes with the plans that bracket my intended depth and time (with the exception that I do not plan "deeper" if I'm diving where there is no "deeper," like many sites in the Gulf). Those schedules include contingencies for lost gas.
I sense some apparent reluctance from you to writing down five or six schedules and carrying those along; my advice: do it anyway.
FWIW, during ascent I have the written schedule there in front of me along with the computer, and follow the more conservative guidance unless the computer gets unreasonable.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom