Deco entertainment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, I know I have been away from this conversation for a while, I am officially out of the Marine Corps now after 10 years of service. I moved back to Michigan and am going to school here. I hope to do some drysuit diving and some under ice this winter. A lot of good shipwrecks around here. As far as the Deco goes, i tried the book idea and that didn't work out so well, neither did the magazine. I am going to try the Ipod case with my old Ipod first, just in case there are problems.

As far as games on the dive computer, I don't think I would be comfortable messing around on my dive computer in the middle of my Deco. Just me, I was even nervous about trying to read, at least with music I keep my eyes up and aware, just with a little music to help.

Just a thought, but does anyone else try and get some rest on their deco?

I love to find a place to lie down, hold on to a rock, and close my eyes to relax. My buddy swims circles around me, and I just mellow out in my own mind. When he gets bored he starts hitting stuff to get my attention, or grabbing my fin to make me jump for his own entertainment. I really think I could sleep under water some days if he would just leave me alone :)

Somebody needs to come up with underwater crossword puzzles, and soduku!

Just a thought, but does anyone else try and get some rest on their deco?

I love to find a place to lie down, hold on to a rock, and close my eyes to relax. My buddy swims circles around me, and I just mellow out in my own mind. When he gets bored he starts hitting stuff to get my attention, or grabbing my fin to make me jump for his own entertainment. I really think I could sleep under water some days if he would just leave me alone :)

I'm no expert, but I do not think this is a good idea. When I am on deco, I first relax for a while and really allow my heart rate and breathing rate to slow down, but after a few minutes, i begin to deliberately exercise. I will swim with a slight to moderate effort, move my shoulders, elbows wrists and hands. i feel that this type of period motion, improves blood flow and should help with gas exchange. I might do it for a minute and then rest for 2-3 minutes. Over exertion is not good, but keeping the blood flowing in the poor circulation areas of the joints etc. can't be bad.

Try a magnetic chess board....Makes the time fly....Just make sure your alarms are set........

A rubiks cube would be a great idea except I am sure my consumption would increase significantly from the frustration.
I think we just need to "homebrew" one of those datamasks to display text or something.

Waterproof iPad Case and Waterproof iPhone Case - by Dry Case <------- very very cheap dry case with headphone jack for all model ipods/iphone.

The only problem I have run into is a set of headphones to take down with it. A decent pair can be found that are rated to 20 feet OverBoard 100-percent Waterproof Headphones | Overstock.com

The big problem is that I do not stage my bottles and thus need some headphones that will do down and come back up. I know that case seems to function ok to 220 though i have not trusted it with an ipod yet to try the functionality.

My VR3 has some games on it and they are painfull! none of our computers have that many buttons for obvious reasons. trying to play the "tank" game on mine is just annoying.

Be careful about sleeping on your stops, I know of someone who did so on the line and drifted to deep and had a seizure. I would also say that the drop in heart rate/circulation would effect your off gassing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom