Deco bottles on one side WHY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Techdiving from Shore with good vis! Coooool! Where do you live?? ;^)

Have you seen the new diverite 10w HID with the NiMh batteries? Very light & very bright & not an arm and a leg... just a thought.

DSAO!:mean:

dont get too overjoyed

By good vis i am talking 20' to 40' reguardless of surface conditions for the most part.

I dive in La Jolla California, a submarine canyon. So long as the surf is 4' or less entry is tricky but do able. Conditions in the canyon rarely change because of depth. it slopes out slowly until about 30' then drops off fast almost a 45 degree angle. if you find the right spots you can hit a wall that drops to 160' and then stair steps down beyond 600'.

Even when local dive conditions suck i can get a nice dive in the canyon. Only limiting factor is surf on the entry and exit, i got stuck exiting at night in 6' surf. The risk you take when entering the water when the surf conditions are marginal at best. Got caught a few times in 6' surf and i think my only loss was "a" turtle fin. Not bad considering i was using double 112's and 2 40 cuft deco bottles.

Andy

actually theres a drawback to it. A long walk and a few stairs to contend with complicate deco. We usually walk out with all equip but remain on 02 ( i was using a FFM for my deco). Sitting around breathing 02 for 15 or 20 min as well.

Trimixdiver
I dove La Jolla once it was a great dive. this was about ten years agop so I don't remember exactly were. but I do remember a lot of stairs.

My sister lives in San Diego so I get down there every couple of years. maybe we can pull off a dive

Have you been on the Yukon. is it a decsent dive and how deep

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom