deciding which wet suit to take

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much do you think they cost??...I'm talking about a 30 buck model(see link)...
Evo Unisex 2mm Hooded Vest for scuba diving......:)

interesting, i didn't think they were that cheap, but then, i looked at the shipping policy, and it's only free within the continental US. I couldn't see anywhere whether they ship internationally, and even if they do, it will be at some cost. I've never ordered anything online, always thru my LDS, and yes, that's another thread..... i do have a hood, and will definitely take that along.

well thanks to all of you who recommended the 5 mm. we've been down here for a week now, and it certainly was the right choice. I've been checking the water temp and it says 79 on my computer, sure doesn't feel like 79, the water feels cool when we jump in, even with the 5 ml. almost every dive (i've mainly been doing the boat dives with Buddy Dive) is an hour, and sometimes by the end my arms are feeling cool. People down here wear everything, a couple of the DM's wear only swim trunks and a rash guard, others wear full wet suits. The resort only rents shorties for those who don't have their own, and one woman in a rental said she was freezing. Most people seem to wear a 3mm full suit, but i'm not the only one in a 5mm, and a couple even wear hoods. One woman on our boat today was wearing 5 mm and a hood and said she was still cold and wished she had brought her 7 mm (but she's really thin). Just goes to show everyone's different, but i'm glad i erred on the side of warmth. I'd be miserable right now if i had only my 3 mm

well thanks to all of you who recommended the 5 mm. we've been down here for a week now, and it certainly was the right choice. I've been checking the water temp and it says 79 on my computer, sure doesn't feel like 79, the water feels cool when we jump in, even with the 5 ml. almost every dive (i've mainly been doing the boat dives with Buddy Dive) is an hour, and sometimes by the end my arms are feeling cool. People down here wear everything, a couple of the DM's wear only swim trunks and a rash guard, others wear full wet suits. The resort only rents shorties for those who don't have their own, and one woman in a rental said she was freezing. Most people seem to wear a 3mm full suit, but i'm not the only one in a 5mm, and a couple even wear hoods. One woman on our boat today was wearing 5 mm and a hood and said she was still cold and wished she had brought her 7 mm (but she's really thin). Just goes to show everyone's different, but i'm glad i erred on the side of warmth. I'd be miserable right now if i had only my 3 mm

Wearing a hood and/or neoprene gloves?

Wearing a hood and/or neoprene gloves?
neither. I have both. i brought the hood just in case i got cold i could add it, but i'm ok in just the suit even tho the water feels cool. Gloves are not allowed anywhere in the marine park around Bonaire.

I spent two weeks down there and wore my 7/5/3 and I was cold for most dives. I added my hooded vest a few times as well. My computer showed water temps of 79-81 depending on the day and site. The day we spent in the national park was when I hit 81F. The folks at Wannadive made fun of us over drinks for having thicker suits (and using up all the lead) but I'm really glad I brought mine...

I dove Bonaire in December in 2012 and found that I was actually too warm for a 3mm and was comfortable in a rash guard and swim trunks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom