Decided to check out Porteau. The wrecks are looking good.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
I looked at these pictures and I really chuckled.

The people I just dove with in Monterey love plumose anemones. They get excited if they see ONE. In fact, they have a landmark at Lobos called "Lone Metridium".

They'd understand why I don't get wildly excited about them, if they saw these pictures :)
Tell them to come to Vancouver and dive the anenome garden at Whytecliff Park which is a ledge at around 85 fsw that's covered with hundreds of them. It's funny the way you stop appreciating something as beautiful as plumose anenomes when you see them all the time.

deepdiverbc:
I have been told that Plumose swim. That is why a wreck will be covered with them and then the next time you do a dive they are all gone. I've never seen one do it though.
Are you sure about that? I've never noticed any mass appearance / disappearance of plumose anenomies. On the contrary, I've noticed a single anenome in the same place from dive to dive. I'd think that if they could swim that wouldn't be the case, but then again, I'm no expert on the topic.

Nice pics. I just returned to Porteau recently to introduce some people back to diving who'd been out of the water for years. It's definitely looking good out there recently. Nice to see some octopus coming back too as it's been awhile. Even found a few grunt sculpins (my favorite fish around here).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom