Deceptive, disingenuous wetsuite advertising -- "Insta Dry"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum:
I'm not defending Henderson or anything but Hydrophobic is a standard term meaning it repels water. Just as hydrophylic accepts wetting and hydroscopic absorbs water.

Hydrophobic is mostly about surface energy like the way water beads and rolls off of a freshly waxed automobile.

Pete

Your "hydrophobic" focus is what Henderson wants Divers to believe. My original point is that it cannot insta-dry unless you towel dry the outside AND turn it inside out AND towel dry the inside. Since neoprene is impermeable, it MUST be towel dried on the inside, NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER SUIT! It does not "Insta Dry".

Henderson seems to pretend that "insta dry" is a new technology and deceptivly advertises Insta Dry showing the layers of material with "Hydrophobic 'High Carbon' Micro Mesh neoprene" pretending it is a new "technology" that allows the garment to "insta dry". In the fine print, they subtly ADMIT to the marketing nonsense by saying the towel "accelerat[es] the dry times on all Henderson Insta Dry products"! IN OTHER WORDS THE TOWEL DRYS THE GARMENT, NOT A NEW TECHNOLOGY which Henderson tries to claim exists in their "Patent pending Insta Dry technology".

To further impliably admit to the scam, Henderson claims they are giving a "micro fiber Insta Dry Divers Towel" as though it were a special towel!

The fact is Insta Dry is like any any other neoprene wetsuit that is "impermeable", my original point, which DOES NOT "insta dry" on the inside unless you run a towel through the legs, arms and torso (inside)!

They can try to claim the "nuance" of this issue by saying that "Insta Dry" slightly dries faster than other wetsuits; but that is bunk and misleading which we high-tech diving enthusiasts DO NOT NEED OR WANT FROM A REPUTIBLE COMPANY.

Henderson has engaged in misleading advertising if the above is true -- and I have not seen any evidence to the contrary. The diving community should not put up with it. We should remind Henderson we feel they have excellent credentials with the diving community, but that they are about to get hooked by some "marketing consultant" that is ruining their reputation and causing all of us to distrust anything they say.

Their address is Henderson Aquatics, Inc.; 301 Orange Street' Millville, NJ 08332 (USA). Their website is www.hendersonusa.com.

My wife and I are each going to buy a pair of their "Hyper Comfort Hyperstretch" product. Henderson is a wonderful company as I said in my first post. But for their advertising consultant pushing the idea of Insta Dry as a dramatic new technology, none of us would be wasting our time trying to figure out how and why Insta Dry works. THE FACT IS INSTA DRY REQUIRES A TOWEL, NO DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER IMPERMEABLE NEOPRENE WETSUIT!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom